Procurement Officer at Save the Children Nigeria
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
- The Procurement Officer is responsible for managing Procurement processes to ensure effective, transparent and accountable support to the Save the Children programs in Borno State.
- Under the supervision of the Logistics Coordinator to ensure adequate consideration for coordination of supplies deliveries and planning of program implementation.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to program/support teams on procurement of goods and services and on best procurement practices.
- Anticipate procurement bottlenecks and resolve them ahead of issues.
Key Areas of Accountability
Procurement and Supply:
- Implement procurement as per approved Save the Children International guidelines, procedures and forms.
- Check the availability and prices of requested items in the local market; liaise with Country office if procurement must be conducted there.
- Maintain and regularly update the price list.
- Maintain and regularly update current supplier database.
- Maintain, keep up-to-date and share a weekly procurement tracker, showing the current status of the requested items and the date which they are expected to be supplied to the projects
- Organize collections of required numbers of quotes for all relevant procurement’s
- Advises the Budget holder on contract allocation if relevant. Call for procurement committee meetings, take notes and documents the decision making process.
- Drafts POs according to Procurement committees proceedings for Review of relevant manager and submits for Budget holder approval
- Collate all payment file and submit to LM for check before submission to Budget holder and finance payment
- Prepare monthly summary reports on the procurement, identifying problems in operations and solutions proposed.
- Oversee all arrangements for meetings and conferences as required, ensuring these are delivered to a high quality and cost effectively
- Line manage all procurement assistants under supervision of the position by managing performance on an on-going basis
- Manage suppliers relationship up to delivery of goods / completion of service
- Follows up with Finance office on outstanding payments files. In liaison with the Senior Logistics Manager, Trouble-shoot file incompleteness and/or inconsistencies.
- Maintains and keep up-to-date a hard documentation filling system for procurement files allowing easy reference for audit purpose.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Work in close collaboration with the finance and administration departments to ensure effective operations and strong team spirit
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manager in line with job description and capacity development plan.
- Maintain all Procurement files in an organized, accurate and up to date manner
- Produce weekly procurement tracker and send to programs and management teams at field level.
- Generate any other procurement related reports upon request (item category/ donor / time / budget… – based)
Requirements, Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- Level of Education – Bachelor’s degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Accounting or related field
- Professional international certification in procurement or logistics (e.g. CIPS, CILT) an added advantage
- Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent
- Language Requirements – English & Hausa – Excellent
- Level of IT literacy Required – (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Email system, Internet browsing) – Excellent
- Desired number of years prior experience in a similar role – 3 years
- Experience in procurement and logistics with INGO: Minimum 2 years
- Experience in a relatively insecure field based environment
- Experience working with Save the children
Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary
Application Closing Date
4th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online