Procurement Manager at Chemonics International
Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Scope of Work (SOW)
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Procurement Manager to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program, and maternal new born and child health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The Procurement Manager will provide and support technical assistance to the National and State Governments, PEPFAR implementing partners, The Global Fund partners and other relevant stakeholders in the developing health product requirements across HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Tuberculosis, Family Planning and Maternal, New Born and Child Health Programs.
- These will be supported as part of the mandate of the Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project to develop capacity of Government counterparts in estimation of products requirements and gap analysis.
- S/he in collaboration with the other Manager(s) and Advisor(s) will inform health product procurement to promote uninterrupted access to health service delivery under the direction of the Director, Procurement and Subcontracts or his/her designate.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Support the Director, Procurement and Subcontracts in the development of overall strategic plan, implementation framework and review of the Department’s goals and objectives to support the GHSC-PSM Project and Chemonics International, Inc.
- Provide support for the technical procurement of health products and services that will support the implementation of the GHSC-PSM Project Nigeria and Chemonics International, Inc. programs for uninterrupted access to health commodities at the service delivery points.
- Collaborate with Home Office Risk Management team in development of RFP, RFQ, IQC-sub-awards and TO for procurement services.
- Develop and manage request for information (RFI), request for proposal (RFP), request for quotation (RFQ) and Indefinite Quantity Contract (IQC) Sub-awards that will support the management of technical procurement of products and services for GHSC-PSM Project and Chemonics International Inc. health service delivery in Nigeria.
- Develop, review and issue task orders (TO) to contracted service providers for smooth implementation of services in line with Chemonics policies.
- Initiate, follow through and complete local commodity procurement using ARTMIS.
- Work with the compliance team to ensure that technical procurement of goods and services are in line with USAID FAR/AIDAR regulations and Chemonics policies.
- Develop and manage relationships with vendors (including performing relevant assessment and due diligence) to ensure that technical procurement of goods and services are of the highest quality that meets US Government regulations.
- Support the development of appropriate sourcing strategies that will enable the project to obtain best value for resources committed to project activities.
- Supervise and manage the Procurement Advisor(s) and Associate(s) to promote smooth internal operations of the unit in line with Chemonics operational manual.
- Supervise the regular update of the Procurement Master Tracker to ensure that all required information is completed and shows the correct position of each approved PAR received.
- Support the development and regular reporting on key performance indicators to demonstrate the project achievements in support of technical procurement services.
- With input from team members, prepare monthly funds forecast for review by the Director, Procurement and Subcontracts.
- Demonstrates maturity, dependability, integrity, and initiative to learn competencies and skills required for the job assignment.
- Contributes positively to a work environment that emphasizes teamwork, respect for differences, accepting and giving constructive feedback.
- Supervises, develops, and evaluates assigned staff. Ensures that staff receives regular constructive performance feedback, prompt resolution of problems, and time/opportunity to grow and develop professionally.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Director, Procurement and Subcontracts considered necessary to achieve success and which are consistent with the overall nature of the contract and work plan.
- The Procurement Manager will report directly to the Director, Procurement and Subcontracts.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Masters’ Degree in Supply Chain Operations, Public Health, Management, Procurement, or relevant degree required
- Minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience in procurement of goods and services with International Non-Governmental Organization especially in the health sector preferred. USAID experience a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in developing technical proposals and managing complex procurement of goods and services for the health sector required
- CIPS – Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply Certification and/or membership a plus.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing high performing team required.
- Experience engaging with local and international vendors on procurement of goods and services required
- Knowledge of procurement using ERP systems required.
- Knowledge of the Nigeria public health sector environment a plus.
- Proactive, with positive problem-solving approach and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills.
- Fluency in English and effective communication skills are required.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online