Procurement Assistant at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Scope Of Work
- The Procurement Assistant is responsible for facilitating the general aspects of IRC procurement operation. Working closely with Program, Administration, Finance and HR. The Procurement Assistant is instrumental in supporting program activities through his/her services.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that procurement is carried out in accordance to IRC and donor-specific policies
- Coordination with finance, Admin and program department to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full auditable support documents.
- Ensuring that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained
- Routine communication, coordination and planning with the relevant requesting staff / programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
- Establishment and maintenance of ethical professional working relationship with supplies
- Maintain supplier information regularly purchased items, and be informed of current local market conditions.
- Support and provide the appropriate training for procurement and program staff as required
- Manage procurement intern and procurement clerk.
- Advance the logistics manager of procurement-specific issues or improvements.
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by supply chain officer or your supervisor.
- Generate and /or maintain an IRC Pre-qualified vendor database.
- Generate and / or maintain comprehensive price list for good, services and equipment purchased by IRC
- Bachelor degree in a relevant fields ( Bus. admin, Finance ,Supply Chain)
- Supply chain / logistics qualifications is an added advantage
- Very strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to interact to effectively with international and national staff members
- A demonstrated ability to work quickly and accurately, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem solving.
- Knowledge of generic procurement procedures and practices *(IRC or NGO experience advantageous).
- Familiarity with major donor and local regulations / laws advantageous
- Two years’ work in procurement, at least in an NGO setting.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets.
Standards for Professional Conduct
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability.
- In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability. However, women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The position will be based in Abuja with periodic travels to field offices to insecure locations in the North East
Monthly salary, 13Month Salary Inclusive, Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
Application Closing Date
1st December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications addressed to the “Country Director IRC” via: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org
Note: Only Shortlisted candidate will be contacted.