Principal Technical Advisor at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Technical Advisor
Job ID 13-9842
Reports To: Deputy Project Director
- The Associate Director, Technical Services will lead the provision of technical support in the planning and implementation of integrated clinical and community services under the MSH CaTSS project in collaboration with the Ministry of Health.
- He/she will supervise the team of Abuja based Advisors and will report to the Deputy Project Director.
- He/she will be responsible for the planning, coordination and providing overall strategic direction for CaTSS technical team as well as providing day to day supervision of Abuja based Advisors and Consultants in the technical team.
- Spearhead the strategic design and implementation of clinical and community HIV services under the CaTSS project in Nigeria.
- Supervise Advisors in the CaTSS project technical unit. Manages and ensures the quality of their technical deliverables ensuring that contributions are made in a timely, efficient, and effective manner.
- Serve as a member of the Project Leadership Team
- Provide technical leadership in the provision of CaTSS project services.
- Provide leadership to the CaTSS technical unit and manage technical assistance to field teams and to key partners.
- Guide and oversee the development of innovative HIV initiatives to support facility and community based care and treatment services.
- Provide technical leadership in the training and supportive supervision of HCWs at the supported facilities
- Provide on-going technical support and supervision to field based technical teams who will in turn provide technical support to facilities and CSOs in the delivery of integrated HIV
- Harmonize and ensure coherence of CaTSS project clinical, community and lab strategies
- Manage and coordinate the work of the advisors to ensure that project plans, HIV/AIDS services and technical field operations are carried out in a way that is consistent with national and international standards.
- Nurture a “quality mindset” among all project staff, mainstreaming quality in all technical program areas.
- Ensure the integrity of the project’s system for continuous quality improvement through periodic quality assessments and technical supervision by the Advisors
- Ensure effective representation of MSH CaTSS on the different national Technical Working Groups.
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements and keep MSH CaTSS senior management informed on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Work with CaTSS senior management to document and publish best practices.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience is required. 10 years of progressively responsible experience is preferred. Experience in international public health highly preferred. At least 5 years’ experience with HIV/AIDS care and treatment, programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID and international agencies such as WHO and World Bank preferred.
- Excellent grasp of clinical and community issues and current literature in HIV/AIDS Care and treatment
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action;
- Training and experience in Mentorship and Quality Improvement programs will be a distinct advantage
- Strong working competency in computer applications to carry out management and statistical analysis
- Team player with demonstrated ability to produce quality results in a timely manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
- Excellent supervisory and organizational skills
- Supervision: Works independently with authority from the Deputy Project Director, within strategy and policy guidelines and supervises Advisors
- Decision Making: Makes decisions with regards to work responsibilities and is accountable for them
- Responsibility over data or information: Has access to information within project, and works closely with the M&E team in program data generation and management
- Have an excellent understanding of comprehensive ART programming, including program design, implementation and evaluation
- Strong working competency in computer applications to carry out management and data analysis as maybe required
- Must possess the ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action.
Application Closing Date
7th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online