Principal at Lateral Capital
Lateral Capital represents an alternative approach for investing in growth markets. A radical shift away from hierarchical blind pool fund structures which are ill-suited to the idiosyncrasies of investing in Sub-Saharan Africa. We invest alongside founding teams offering our limited partners direct access to turnkey investment opportunities without arbitrary investment and harvesting periods.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Nigeria
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
The Principal will play a key role in building Lateral in West Africa, including:
- Overseeing the full investment process (including preliminary analysis, due-diligence, financial modelling, structuring and negotiation of transactions as well as ongoing operations and portfolio management). This will require interfacing with counterparties such as co-investors, financial institutions, multilateral banks, legal counsel and external advisors.
- Stay abreast of key sector and market trends; conduct quantitative and qualitative research for investment team.
- Actively manage portfolio companies and support founders in key areas from finance, HR to strategy and governance.
- Implement monitoring & evaluation systems to track qualitative and quantitative indicators for portfolio companies.
- Required: Extensive work experience in a role, managing and operating investments in early-stage and/or growth ventures.
- Required: Operating experience in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Required: Understanding of building an early-stage company.
- Required: Excellent written communication skills
- Required: Diverse background, grounded in integrity, curiosity, hustle and doing the right thing, a drive for excellence, and lateral thinking.
- Required: Excellent quantitative and qualitative skills, ability to apply analytical rigor to complex and uncertain situations.
- Preferred: Experience with a management role in startup.
- Preferred: Experience in project management working with multilateral organizations or international corporations.
- Preferred: Experience as a private investor and/or entrepreneur.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Lateral Capital career website on www.linkedin.com to apply