Principal Instructor Nautical Studies at the Maritime Academy of Nigeria
The Maritime Academy of Nigeria, Oron (MAN, Oron) is the premier Maritime training institution statutorily established in Nigeria. The Academy has the main function among others – to admit and train the various levels of personnel required for running and operating ships of the merchant navy.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Instructor – CONPCASS 5
Location: Akwa Ibom
School: Nautical Studies
Applicants for the post of Principal instructor must possess the following:
- Class II (Chief Mate) Certificate of Competency Foreign going (Deck) with at least 3 years cognate experience
- Higher National Diploma in Nautical Studies.
Application Closing Date
17th April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward fifteen (15) copies each of the following documents:
- Typed application
- Photocopies of academic and professional qualifications
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae and the Curriculum Vitae should among other information, include the following in the order presented:
- Position applied for
- Full name (Surname first in capital letters)
- State of Origin & Local Government Area
- Permanent Home Address
- Present Postal Address & GSM Number/Email Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (if any)
- Educational/Academic Qualifications obtained with dates.
- Professional Qualifications obtained with dates.
- Working experience including full details of former and present post.
- Full details of teaching and research experience and service to the Nation and immediate community (where applicable).
- List of publications (as applicable)
- Honour Awards and Distinctions
- Extra Curriculum Activities
- Names and address of Three (3) referees (one of whom must be your current employer)
Candidate should also request their three (3) referees to send reports on them, under confidential cover, directly to the Rector of the Academy.
The referees should also be informed to indicate the name of the candidate, position and department applied for, on the left hand corner of the envelope.
All Applications and supporting documents should be forwarded in a sealed envelop having the applied position clearly indicated on the left hand corner of the envelope to:
Maritime Academy of Nigeria,
Akwa Ibom State,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.