Premiere Urgence Internationale New Job Opportuity
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition and health project in Maiduguri and Borno State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Security and Livelihoods Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Starting date: 1st of September, 2018
Duration of contract: 7 months
Slot: 2 Openings
- Under the direct supervision of the Food Security and livelihood Supervisor, the Food Security Officer is responsible for the daily implementation of the Evoucher and nutrition projects in Maiduguri, Borno State.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Implementation and monitoring of the Food Security activities:
- Participate to all assessments for the projects or for new projects
- S/He supporting beneficiary and vendors during E voucher distribution
- Contribute in analyzing humanitarian situation in the field and very familiar with Do no Harm policy
- S/He must have capacity to determine protection issue in the field and can liaise to his/her supervisor
- S/He implement the daily food security and livelihood activities according to the FS program direction
- Respect the planning and set-up of the activities
- S/He takes part in the identification and registration of beneficiaries
- S/He contributes to the identification and registration of suppliers/ vendors on the market and to the monthly market assessment
- S/He actively takes part in the post distribution monitoring activities
- S/He collects any relevant information from the communities and partners
- Ensure that beneficiaries and local populations understand the project goals and agree with the implementation process
- Actively participate to the good collaboration with local leaders
- Act as a liaison with the local population and authorities in order to identify the needs, grievances and major events that could have potential consequences for PUI activity
- S/He ensures the proper training and supervision of the community’s volunteers who take part in the project
- S/He organizes sensitizations for the beneficiaries or community’s members according to the identified needs
- Report to the FS supervisor on the progress of activities and specific tasks assigned, problems encountered, the quality of relations with beneficiaries.
- Submit weekly situational report to line manager in weekly basis
- Collect, enter and analyse the necessary data according to the need of the project
- Extract and pass on statistics to the team supervisor, deputy program manager and/or program manager
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived at the PUI office, ensuring their availability to his/her FS&L supervisor and PM
- Pass on any information or problems to his/her direct and/or indirect supervisor concerning his/her task, PUI programs, or safety aspects
Logistic & administration:
- Under the responsibility of the FS supervisor, take part in logistical and administrative organization, planning, and preparation of the projects.
- Ensure the follow-up and the proper use of materials and tools used during on-site works
- Manage the supply of materials to the work site in collaboration with logistic department.
Specific Objective and Linked Activities
- To build a good rapport with key influential people in the Bulama area.
- To support PUI data collection on demography and vulnerabilities of the community.
- To support the identification of needs within the community.
- To implement the daily food security and livelihood activities according to the schedule.
- To respect the planning and set-up of the activities
- To take part in the identification and registration of beneficiaries
- To contribute to the identification and registration of suppliers/ vendors on the market and to the monthly market assessment
- Language skills: Good command in English (speaking, reading & writing)
- Fluent in local languages – Kanuri, Hausa are wished
- Education degree: Essential literacy
- Work experience: 6 months experience in a similar position in an NGO
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge of Communicable and Non Communicable diseases
- Good knowledge of Public Health
- Good ability for teamwork
- Ability to manage a fair workload including emergencies.
- Interests: Working in humanitarian relief, interest for social issues
- Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Excellent knowledge of Borno State, willing to travel locally
- Team spirit
- Strong motivation to help people in needs
- Capacity to mobilize community
- Well organized and rigorous
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvement
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th August, 2018.