Power Generation Sales Leader at Cummins Nigeria
Cummins Inc. a global power leader, is a fortune 500 corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems.
By working to coordinate the production, shipment, and delivery of the goods & Customer Service Support required to meet their business needs, Cummins Inc. has been able to more easily meet the demands of their customers.
Power Generation Sales Leader
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Business Development
Req ID: 1700073M
- Manages key product line lifecycles. Understands and interprets market and industry trends. Leads the marketing initiatives for new product introduction and existing product change introduction.
- Develops the long-term product line strategy, forecast, and the annual operating plan.
- Provides product line budget requirements into the business unit annual operating plan.
- Drives the development of product introduction plans.
- Develops all aspects of the marketing mix to ensure the successful launch of new products and throughout the subsequent lifecycle.
- Presents marketing approach for functional review and to the change management review group.
- Drives pricing activity throughout the product lifecycle.
- Drives available marketing resources and uses those resources appropriately and as needed.
- Ensures that the product branding strategy is implemented effectively, and leads and supports internal and external communications in relations to the product range.
- Protects intellectual property of the organization, and works with legal counsel and engineering to ensure asset protection.
- Uses market research capabilities to plan for and implements an appropriate approach based on the understanding of Cummins’ target market and competitors.
- Defines and adopts, in the target market, a specific stance relative to the competition with the use of market research capabilities.
- Drives improvement of customer satisfaction and solves elevated customer issues in relation to product.
- Drives management of the product lifecycle; determines when products should be deemed obsolete.
- Develops, implements, and measures results of product promotions.
- Collaborates with other functions and global locations to ensure global profitability of the product line.
- Recommends marketing process changes that will improve Value Package Introduction and Value Package Change processes.
- Develops work plans for Product Managers and Associate Product Managers to deliver product line results; provides guidance and direction on problems and issues; delegates work assignments considering employee skills and development needs.
- Managing Profitability – Understanding of the relative contributions of the multiple product lines in the business as well as the ability to develop and execute a product management plan that maximizes profitability of the business. If in a sales role, the person is capable of compiling and maintaining an account tracking document. This includes the capability to interrogate profitability results, product costs, et cetera and advise recommended actions.
- Marketing Program Development – Able to apply existing product/placement strategies, structures, and policies to a product line(s).
- Market Analysis – Able to deploy local processes to attain the most critical market information required to develop a specific product/product line plan.
- Product Knowledge – Knowledge of the products. Able to create strategies to sell the features and benefits of new products. Identifies strategies to gather data to increase sales opportunities.
- Market Positioning – Understands market positioning tools and can apply them.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Marketing, Sales, technical, or a related subject required.
- Significant relevant work experience required, including supervisory experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Cummins Inc. career website on cummins-africa.jobs to apply