Population Services International New Ongoing Recruitment
Population Services International – With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party – Operations
Job ID: 2018-2679
Job Type: Temporary
Category: Country Program Operations
Department: West and Central Africa
Reports to: The Chief of Party
- We are looking for a Temporary Deputy Chief of Party (immediately for three months) for the newly opened PSI/Nigeria to assist the COP with multiple administrative, logistics, financial and other requirements.
- The DCOP will assist help to create systems and implement PSI policies and procedures within the PSI/Nigeria HQ in Abuja.
- Additionally, the DCOP will assist with multiple PSI/HQ requirements including budget development and tracking, performance tracking, regular communications with PSI/HQ, etc.
- We are looking for someone with PSI experience in a field office in the areas of finance, administration and logistics.
You will be responsible for assisting the COP to set up strong finance and administrative systems for PSI/Nigeria and assisting the COP to comply with PSI/HQ requirements, including:
- Assist with monthly financial close to meet all of PSI/HQ documentation criteria for finance and inventory.
- Assist with regular banking.
- Assist with monthly project financial reviews and monitor action items
- Assist with changes to current and future project budgets for both donor and internal purposes
- Analyze document flow for financial, administrative and procurement approvals to meet PSI/HQ requirements and maximize efficiency within the office.
- Assist the COP to respond to requests for information from various departments within PSI/HQ
- Assist with regular donor financial and programmatic reports
- Build staff capacity on PSI/HQ policies and procedures
- Maintain regular communications with PSI/HQ backstopping team and FP team.
- Set up excellent project management systems to support current and future growth
- Assist with other tasks as needed
- Liaise with PSI/W finance department to ensure all financial and administrative procedures are in place at PSI/N.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
- Pragmatism:You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
- Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
- Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
- Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt
- Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin
- You are fluent in English.
- You have significant demonstrated experience in management, international development or relief, and preferably within the health sector.
- References will be required.
- You have worked in a PSI field office and know PSI policies and procedures.
- You have significant demonstrated financial management experience.
- You have lived and worked in Africa.
- You are passionate about building local financial and administrative capacity.
- You have a relevant academic degree.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th October, 2018.
Note: PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.