Pharmacy Technician at Aids Healthcare Foundation
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria. AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings.
The organization seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the regular full time position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Reports to: Pharmacist
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews prescriptions issued by AHF Providers or other authorized prescriber to assure accuracy and clinical appropriateness;
- Support pharmacy personnel on pharmaceuticals and Pharmaceutics processes and procedures including monitoring of ADR and adherence counseling,
- Answers questions and provides information to patients and providers on drug interactions, side effects, dosage and storage of pharmaceuticals;
- Maintains established policies and procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous waste drugs
- Manages appropriate data collection, such as client name, prescribed medication and cost,to maintain pharmacy files, charge system, and inventory
- Work with relevant clinic site personnel to maintain accurate drugs records system for efficient drug logistics
- Ensure completion and submission accurate and auditable monthly drug reports from AHF clinic sites
- Provides weekly adherence reports, monthly reports on Down Referral;
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) or experienced Pharmacy Technician.
- Experience in logistics management of drugs, preferably in an NGO
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Must possess a valid license to practice as a Pharmacist.
- Must be proficient in MS Office.
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: email@example.com indicating the position and the location you are applying for as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer