Pharmacist at FHI 360 – 6 Positions
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions Our staff includes experts in Health. Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society Gender, Youth, Research and Technology- creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FIH 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S states and all U.S. territories.
The Global Fund is a 21st-century partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics. Founded in 2002, the Global Fund is a partnership between governments civil society. the private sector and people affected by the diseases. The Global Fundraises and invests nearly US$4 billion a year to support programs run by local experts in countries and communities most in need. Since 2003, the Global Fund has invested more than 1.4 billion dollars in the fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria in Nigeria
FHI 360 is collaborating with AHNI on Global Fund North East Initiative (NEI) project management, and we are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacist
Location: Biu, Borno
Contract Type: Temporary
Pharmacist will provide technical support and leadership to efforts to strengthen the procurement and supply chain management system of health commodities using evidence based data from the Logistics management information system, to reduce stock-outs, lower costs and eliminate wastage in the Internally Displaced persons (IDP) Camp clinics and permanent clinics in the North-East Initiative (NEI).
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- Bachelor of Pharmacy degree (B. Pharm) with 4-6 years post NYSC experience
- Considerable knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically
- Sound knowledge of inventory control systems.
- Experience must include managing health commodity logistics information systems, including forecasting/quantification of Laboratory Commodities.
- Familiarity with developing PSM indicators and issues surrounding monitoring and evaluation of the PSM.
- Familiarity -with technical and health management approaches relevant to the work of the National AIDS & STI Control, National TB Control Programs, National Malaria Control Program and RH especially at the state, LGA and community levels.
- Knowledge of the key principles and approaches to health systems strengthening.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV programs.
- of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Borno 75% of the time.
Application Closing Date
23rd October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume/CV’s and cover letter as a single document to: AHNi-LabJobs@ahnigeria.org