Oracle New Job Opening Available – Apply Now!
Oracle provides the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
Applications are invited for:
Job Title: EMEA Programme Director
Job ID: 180019PS
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
Line of Business (LOB): Oracle Consulting
- The Program Director has responsibility for the successful delivery of the Oracle Consulting engagement at the customer.
- They are expected to operate at the senior stakeholder level – typically a C-level executive but equally, they will need to manage their senior stakeholders in the Oracle organisation.
- This is a senior level role and candidates will be expected to take high levels of responsibility for customer and Oracle success.
- It is a very exciting time in Oracle Consulting with our strong focus on delivery of cloud solutions using our highly advanced methods and tools across the EMEA region.
- Industry and IT experience is highly valuable to us. Existing Oracle application knowledge is desirable but not essential.
Scope of the Role
- The Program Director is responsible for the successful and profitable delivery of our major business and IT programs.
- They will be expected to lead and drive all aspects of the program from staffing, budgetary control and stakeholder management both within the customer and Oracle:
To act as a trusted advisor to senior clients:
- Develop strong relationships with the senior stakeholders within Oracle across our Licence and Consulting businesses
- Manage the re-use and feedback into the Oracle delivery organisation to enable constant improvement of our program delivery
- Build a strong personal community within Oracle by sharing and assisting colleagues from other regions and practices
- To drive successful outcomes for our major customers using the Oracle product set and Oracle Consulting methods and tools
- To be commercially astute when delivering an engagement
- To act as ambassadors for Oracle solutions throughout a customer engagement
- Take full accountability for the successful delivery of a program or projects
- Develop a practical program delivery plan and deliver closely against it
- Manage the staff and resources to ensure optimum outcomes for the customer and Oracle Corporation
- Manage and mitigate program and project risks
- Both advise and challenge the customer throughout the program
- Take full ownership to drive “best practice” in delivering a program
Knowledge and Competency Requirements
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Qualified Program or Project Manager through a recognized institute
- Preferably holds a professional qualification (eg accountancy)
Experience/Technical/ Professional knowledge:
- Ability to deliver results while under pressure
- A strong understanding of the commercial aspects of a consulting organisation and the role a program director plays within it
- Experience of delivering at least 4 major projects using packaged applications (Oracle, SAP, JDE, Microsoft etc)
- A creative and agile problem-solver
- Experience with interacting with third party resources, including offshore teams
- Strong team building skills, with ability to build quick and effective work rapport with distributed team members
- Must be self-motivated in learning new concepts and willing to share knowledge and skills with other team members
- Outspoken and passionate about delivering successful programs that exceed business objectives and drive business success for our customers
- 10-15 years of relevant experience as a program director through full implementation lifecycles
- 10 years of experience with a consulting organisation
- Strong and demonstrable awareness of different project management methods
- Excellent facilitation and management skills of the most senior customer stakeholders within the business and IT
- Must have the highest level of leadership and communication skills, with the ability to explain complex solutions and ideas. Excellent presentation skills
- Can demonstrate a strong awareness of the differences between cloud and on-premise solutions and their benefits
- Ability to present an argument: persuasive
- Willing and able to travel for project work throughout the EMEA region for extended periods, and has a European work permit
- Fluent in English, other European language an advantage.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Ensures customer deliverables are acceptable, and works closely with the customer to understand and manage project expectations.
- Enables business development efforts by providing subject matter expertise.
- Manages the scope of medium to large-scale projects, and accounts with varying levels of complexity.
- 10+ years of experience relevant to this position including 3 years of project management experience. Demonstrated ability to follow solid project management principles and successfully manage projects of increasing complexity. Comfortable working in a matrix management environment.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills to deal with internal stakeholders, customers, and vendors.
- Product, technology or industry expertise relevant to the portfolio focus.
- Selling skills preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. PMI certification preferred.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made.
- This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
- As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
- As an acknowledged authority within Oracle, this senior-level project management position provides consistent high quality and innovative solution leadership with industry-wide impact. Responsible for guiding the successful implementation of an integrated business solution ensuring high quality and timely delivery within budget to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Analyzes business needs to help ensure Oracle’s solution meets the customer’s objectives by combining industry best practices and product knowledge. Effectively applies Oracle’s methodologies and policies while adhering to contractual obligations, minimizing Oracle’s risk and exposure.
- As a position of professional influence, this individual frequently operates at the leading edge of technology.
- Recommends and justifies enhancements to Oracle products to meet very complex customer needs.
- Exercises creativity and independent judgment in identifying and resolving major issues and risks impacting project success.
- Provides direction and mentoring to project teams. As a thought leader and trusted advisor, effectively influences decisions at the leadership level of customer organizations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply