Ongoing Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
In 2005, UBA was born through one of the biggest mergers on the African continent. capital markets with the business combination with Standard Trust Bank (STB) Plc. From the merger UBA has emerged as a Pan-African provides a full range of solutions and services that span the full value chain from retail to corporate. UBA is also the acclaimed leader in electronic payments in the sub-region.
UBA Campus Ambassador Programme
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Nigeria
- Job Field Banking Graduate Jobs
- UBA Campus Ambassador programme offers a unique opportunity for students of tertiary institutions in Nigeria and across Africa to be part of a dynamic and forward thinking Pan-African bank by representing the brand on campus.
- The initiative is part of the bank’s commitment in developing creativity and leadership abilities amongst young people in the continent of Africa.
- The programme is designed to be a learning experience and a highly rewarding one for selected students while providing them a platform to build their leadership capabilities and showcase their diverse talents.
Responsibilities for the UBA Campus Ambassador Role
- Represent the UBA brand on campus
- Provide insights that will help UBA better understand campus requirements unique to each region
- Learn about UBA products/ services and promote their adoption within the campus
- Plan and host fun events on campus to amplify the UBA brand
- Build relationships on campus with the school authorities, faculty and student groups
- Identify trends and opportunities that UBA can leverage on within the campus community
- Implement various UBA initiatives within the campus
What Qualifies an Ammbassador
- Must be a registered full-time undergraduate student of any tertiary institution in Nigeria and Africa countries where UBA operates
- Must be actively involved with student groups and influential within the campus community
- Must have established social media presence with demonstrable followership
- Should possess experience in engaging stakeholders within the school community
- Should have the ability to gather feedback and provide innovative insights
- Should be able to dedicate 3-4 hours weekly
- Must be highly professional in general conduct
- Should have a UBA account
What Does a Campus Ambassador Stand to Benefit
- Development of Intellectual, leadership and creative skills through periodic training
- Monthly stipend
- Gift pack with UBA branded collaterals
- Network and collaborate with other ambassadors from campuses across Africa
- Career advisory, mentorship and interaction with managers in UBA
- Free tickets to UBA events
- Learn about UBA culture and career opportunities
- Inclusion of UBA campus ambassador experience to your resume
- Qualified students are expected to log on to www.ubagroup.com/campusambassadors and complete an online form with required personal data and a motivation letter highlighting why they should be selected.
Other steps include:
- Follow @ubagroup on Facebook, Twitter , Instagram and Youtube
- Create a short video describing how your skills and experiences are relevant to the role
- Upload the video on your social media page with the hash tag #UBACampusAmbassador
- Ensure to tag or mention @UBAGroup in your post. Candidates with high engagement stand a chance to be fast tracked into the application process
Note: UBA reserves the right to disqualify applicants and /or rescind ambassadorship accorded to any student if deemed to have contravened the terms and conditions of the programme.
- Job Type Full Time
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Banking
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Reference No: HRBPNT01
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Accounting, Operations
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
Role and Responsibilities
- Represent the bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with all customers, potential customers and co-workers
- To accept retail and/or commercial deposits, loan payments, process checking and savings withdrawals
- Verify and receive loan and utility bills payments.
- Time-stamp(Validate) and signature-verify all customers’ requests and refer those that require call-back/status approval to supervisor for action
- Reconciles cash drawer by proving cash transactions; counting and packaging the money, turning in excess cash and mutilated currency to head teller; maintaining supply of cash and currency
- Ensure proper and accurate balancing of cash transactions on a daily basis and ensure there is no pending transaction left on the system before closing for the day.
- Promote the bank’s products and services by cross-selling, ascertaining customers need and directing customers to the customer relationship officers or officers concerned.
- Escalate issues on cash shortage, overpayment, loss and theft.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained
- Comply with all bank and regulatory body policies, procedures and regulations
- Answer customer inquiries and refers customers to the proper service area for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line
- Other duties as assigned by the Cash Officer
- Minimum Educational level- OND in any related discipline
- Previous teller experience preferred but not required.
- Minimum experience- NIL
- Banking operations, policies and procedures
- Familiar with retail banking regulations and teller roles and responsibilities relating to each
- Basic Accounting and Mathematical skills
- The ability to make sound decisions. This may include making on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions; weighing customer satisfaction issues with the Bank’s exposure to loss or fraud and the ability to think through and rationalize decisions.
Excellent customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees:
- Strong communication & organizational skills
- Good Numerical skills
- Detail oriented, high degree of accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & under pressure as needed
- Fast and error free processing
- Ability to be calm under pressure
- Good team player
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.