Ongoing Recruitment at Mtn Nigeria 20th April, 2018
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Switch Operations Engineer
- To implement network integration and resolve faults on the core network Ensure value is created by resolving BTS Network fault promptly for network efficiency and escalate unresolved faults to HLS.
- Track, monitor, and resolve faults using approved switch processes and procedures and the Ericsson Exchange Library.
- Implement change requests/planned work, using switch procedures.
- Monitor performance statistics and generate weekly reports.
- Update switch records such as billing backup, weekly dumps and test load.
- Act as interface to Customer Service and assist in resolving customers’ problems.
- Implement integration of new BTS/TX sites and conduct acceptance tests
- Implement integration of new network elements.
- Re-group sites using up to date switch procedures and Ericsson Exchange Library.
Experience & Training
- First degree in Electrical/Electronics (Telecommunications).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in anarea of specialisation; with experience working with others.
- Experience working in a medium organization.
- Hands-on experience core networkoperations and maintenance in GSM environment Training: GSM Node Hardware Dimensioning AXE Hardware Maintenance AXE 810 GSM MSC/VLR Operations GSM BSC Operations GSM AXE Operation GSM Core Network Maintenance GSM System Survey GPRS BSS Operation.
- BA, BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND.
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
- May be required to work extended hours.
- National travel and a valid driver’slicense.
- On standby throughout the year.
Job Title: NSMC Engineer, Fixed Wireline
- Provide network surveillance, problem resolution, monitoring, controlling, escalating and dispatching of all network elements and ensure that MTN network faults (Fixed Network) are resolved to company requirements. Also improve network performance by providing real time and prompt resolution to all network faults on MTNN network.
- Ensure value is created by improving network performance. Provide surveillance troubleshooting; controlling and resolving all network related faults i.e. Siemens Digital Switching Equipments (EWSD), Transmission Equipment’s (Siemens SURPASS hiT7070 and STM Channels). Implement integration of new EWSD network elements and E1 connections and conduct acceptance tests.
- Analyse and report Traffic and Measurement. Implement change requests/planned work, using switch procedures. Monitor exchange performance statistics and generate weekly reports. Monitor and acknowledge all alarms from all network elements such as Core Transmission and Power Networks.
- Conduct Real Time Performance Monitoring of all network elements and provide daily reports, indicating actions to be carried out to improve network quality. Perform NMC duties as instructed by NMC Fixed Exchange Coordinator, e.g., correlation of outages, adjustment of availability parameters, follow up and clearing of specific network faults.
- Escalate all faulty devices or hardware detected after troubleshooting (which cannot be resolved remotely) to the field support engineers and contractor for replacement, in order to improve network performance.
- Provide ideas and feedback on software tools, procedures and improvements to NMC functionality of Fixed Exchange Operations. Ensure proper monitoring and implementation of all network changes according to the organisation processes and procedures.
- Resolve subscribers’ problems and faults on Switching and Fixed Lines problem from Call Centres, dispatching all unresolved faults to the Fixed Exchange Coordinator.
- Provide regular update on MTNN performance and other network issues to the Management, Call Centre, Sales and Distribution, Marketing and other relevant departments in MTNN.
- Act as interface and provide access reference number to MTN Contractors, Field Engineers, Operational Maintenance Center Engineers and other GSM/PTOs companies for planned work/change request and access to all MTN locations.
Experience & Training
- First degree in Electrical Electronics /Computer Science/Engineering or a related field. UNIX certification beneficial
- Minimumof 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience workingwith others
- Experienceworking in a medium organization Hands-on experience in light current, telecommunications or a related field.
- Experience in GSM switching environment preferably working on Siemens switches. is desirable
- Knowledgeand configuration of Siemens Digital Switching Equipments (EWSD), Transmission equipments (Siemens SURPASS hiT7070 andSTM Channels
- Knowledgeof Various Network Management System (NMS) Knowledge of RAD DSU Modem and other ITU modems for E1 configurations Training: Best practices in OperationalMaintenance Center, Network ManagementCenter, Network Operation Center
- BA, BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND
Job Title: Engineer, Security Planning
- Responsible for Information security systems design and implementation of secure infrastructure that support the business processes within MTN Nigeria.
- Support the design and implementation of Information security systems and evaluating corporate security plans.
- Review of all project development architecture plans to ensure compliance with security policy.
- Based on the nature of security threats perceived, assesses and establishes mitigating steps to ensure appropriate treatment and escalate as appropriate.
- Co-ordination of security systems disciplines in the face of active threats.
- Create and enforce policies and procedures associated with the effective and efficient administration of Information Security.
- Perform Business Impact Analysis in terms of loss of Confidentiality, Availability and Integrity of information.
- Propose advice and implement security and communications solutions within MTN Nigeria.
- Collaborates and acts as a security architecture liaison with other IT areas and to design and/or recommend new security solutions as needs arise.
- Co-ordinate with related Design & Development team for solutions implemented.
- Perform Problem, Change, and Release & Configuration Management as it pertains to Information Security.
- Perform day to day activities like periodic reconciliations, task management etc.
- Translate ISO 27001 controls related to Information security into implementation, alerts and compliance reporting.
- Specify,assist and delegate information security system integration concepts into SDLC process.
- Log, track, and monitor security issues / incidents to ensure resolution in a timely manner with the least impact on operations
- Collaborate with other departments to provide support, ensuring the full integration and smooth functioning of the information security infrastructure within MTN Nigeria
- Normal MTN N working conditions.
- May be required to work extra hours
Requirements, Experience & Training
- First degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems or related discipline
- Possession of a professional IT certification (CISSP, CISA, CISM, TOGAF/SABSA) is desirable.
- 3 years experience in an area of Information Security specialisation
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in the following – Identity Management technology, Vulnerability Assessment and treatment, Systems Auditing, Policy, Database, Operating system and application Security, Firewall Design and Implementation, Security Architecture and Models, Telecommunications, Network, wireless & Internet Security.
- Experience in security compliance & Threat Management
- Proven experience in the full software project lifecycle – project vision through project implementation – for both small and large enterprise projects
- Proven experience in penetration testing
- Proven experience in Security Architecture Governance and standards Good working knowledge on Security Design & Architecture.
- In depth practical knowledge of Architecture & planning principles and concepts
- Experience in identifying security requirements, developing architectures, and deploying enterprise Security architecture, ensuring that the implementation adheres to standards and best-practices.
- Systems Auditing, Policy, Information Systems Security Risk assessment Security Architecture and Models Telecommunications, Network, & Internet Security Business Continuity Planning
- B.Ed, B.Eng, B.Sc, B.Tech or HND
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 27th April, 2018.