Olam Nigeria Limited New Vacant Job Position
Olam Nigeria is a leading company in the Agricultural and Packaged Foods sector in Nigeria and has been the leading exporter in Nigeria’s non-oil sector in the last several years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Head, Africa
- As Business Head, the incumbent will be fully responsible for managing one of the leading business, spanning across multiple geographies in Nigeria.
To grow and develop the business unit as a strong profit centre:
- The incumbent will be responsible for Revenues, Profit and Growth targets for the BU.
- The candidate will need to expand the scale of operations, enlarge the customer and employee base and increase the revenue and ensure larger bottom line contribution.
- The candidate will have to closely manage budgets / costs, define growth targets and manage all aspects of operations.
- This is a profit-center role and the candidate will be responsible for aggressively driving growth and focus on financial performance of the center as a business unit.
- As Head of the BU, the incumbent will have to manage the operations of the factories, ensure quality and process efficiencies and manage the operations matrix across the depth and width of the unit.
- The candidate will need to provide the operational excellence through discipline and rigour in the organization in order to deliver against agreed targets.
- The incumbent will be required to streamline processes with in-built cost efficiency measures.
- The PCH, needs to be highly execution focused to put in place the fundamental pillars of quality and process discipline that will enable the organization to scale up.
To provide leadership to the team:
- As the business unit head, he/she will need to lead by example and provide leadership and direction to the BU functional heads (Sales, Operations, Quality, Training, Finance, HR and Admin) in order for them to achieve service delivery levels that exceed customer expectations.
- The incumbent will need to define the vision to all employees, motivate them and set targets for performance at all levels and foster teamwork and commitment within the organization to achieve short, medium and long term goals.
Customer Relationship Management:
- The BU Head will need to constantly interact with the existing customers & ensure client satisfaction, resolve issues and engage in monthly operations reviews.
- Also, will be responsible for strengthening the existing client relationships and enlarging the client base, by identifying possible business opportunities.
Managing Relationships in a large organization:
- As Head of the BU, the incumbent will have to manage relationships within the BU and within the larger Olam country team.
- He should be able to collaborate and integrate the matrix of levels and structures.
- He/she will need to drive high efficiency matrics to synergize the diversity in the organization for a richer exchange of ideas, processes, best practices and knowledge.
New Product Development:
- As head of BU, the incumbent would be responsible for driving Marketing initiatives, market research and launching new products to grow the business.
- The ideal candidate should have a total of 15+ years’ experience with proven capability in a Sales and marketing Function.
- The incumbent should have a commercial orientation with the ability to run a profit center independently. He/she should have managed large teams and have prior experience in growing the scale of operations and enlarging the team size.
- The candidate should have very good people management, communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate with and influence a matrix of internal and external customers at varied levels.
- The individual must be a “self starter” with a strong element of dynamism and the ability to move fast and get things done. He/she should have the stature and the maturity that commands the respect of his peers.
- Ability to interact and manage multiple customers
- Ability and proven track record to manage large teams
- Analytical and numerical ability – data driven, and ability to work independently
- Ability to create and present dashboards
- Effective communication skills.
- Good educational pedigree
- Relevant exposure and depth in FMCG Sales and Marketing
- Stability – should not have changed jobs frequently
- Ability to think out of the box – strategic thinking (Larger picture)
- Very high focus on implementation – essential for process delivery as per SLAs/ SOWs
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply