Officer, People Operations At Bridge International Academies
Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 100,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to standardize and scale every aspect of quality education delivery, from how and where academies are built to how teachers are selected and trained, and how lessons are delivered and monitored for improvement. We are vertically integrated, tech-enabled, and on our way to profitability. Bridge expects to continue rapid expansion in East Africa, and has just launched operations in Nigeria in September 2015, with India to follow in 2016.
Officer, People Operations
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience4 years
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial Human Resources / HR
Location: Yaba, Lagos
- Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 130,000 pupils in Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria, Liberia and India.
- We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life.
- We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to standardize and scale every aspect of quality education delivery, from how and where academies are built to how teachers are selected and trained, and how lessons are delivered and monitored for improvement.
- We are vertically-integrated, tech-enabled, and on our way to profitability.
- The Officer, People Operations role is a generalist position that operates at the front lines of Human Resources at Bridge.
- The ideal candidate should exceptionally posses high attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and ability to manage multiple workflows and projects simultaneously. You are level-headed, disciplined, and thoroughly understand that HR must protect the Company’s interests and policies and guide employees through their career life-cycles at Bridge at the same time.
- You have a very good understanding of HR best practices and employment/labour law frameworks in Nigeria and are certified by the CIPM or it’s equivalent. Last but not least – you are a gritty, never-say-die doer who relishes challenges
- Separations Process: lead separations processes, including department, asset, and financial handovers – involves IT, Admin, and Payroll Accountant
- Onboarding Process: lead teams from IT, Admin, etc. in ensuring that staff are successfully on boarded
- Payroll Verification: work with Payroll Accountant to ensure that all contractors and employees are properly represented with the right deductions/additions, if any. Generate monthly report for managers on headcount
- Staff Benefits: supporting staff with questions about health coverage, managing additions to coverage, dealing with other health coverage issues
- Immigration/Work Permits/Expat Services: dealing with immigration issues/working with immigration consultants
- Asset Management: ensure that all staff have the assets they need; deal with asset recovery processes and exchanges/one-off needs. Heavy interfacing with IT and Admin
- Leave Management: assist employees with leave, generate monthly report for managers on leave balances
- Disciplinary Procedures: work with the People Ops. Director on managing these procedures
- Appeals, Grievances, Investigations: lead these processes with some direction from the People Ops. Director
- Staff Documentation: ensuring that offer letters, contracts, probation confirmations, and change of status documents are appropriately handled
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with Business Administration and/or Human Resources course specialization, with exemplary academic performance
- CIPM certified (or it’s recognized equivalent)
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Strong adherence to systems and process
- Experience working with a culturally and socioeconomically diverse workforce
- Minimum of four years of full-time work experience in Human Resources
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office; technologically competent/quick learner
- Work experience in fast-growth, rapid-scale contexts, particularly with large numbers of field staff
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- High energy and enthusiasm level; willingness to do whatever necessary to get the job done
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV experience preferred
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Bridge International Academies career website on www.bridgeinternationalacademies.com to apply