Nutrition Assistant at The Alliance for International Medical Action
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes;
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Borno
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare NGO/Non-Profit
The Alliance for International Medical Action is recruiting for its project in BAGA
Participate in the nutritional case management of children suffering from acute malnutrition under supervision of the nutritional nurse and according to ALIMA nutritional and hygiene protocols in order to improve health conditions of the targeted population.
- Carry out basic health care (swabbing, applying local treatments, etc.) following the rules on hygiene and asepsis.
- Inform caretakers on the functioning of the centre: lay out, daily activity plan (number and frequency of the meals, medical visit, weight measurement, etc.) and other general information.
- Distribute meals according to medical prescriptions for each patient, ensuring that no other food is given in phase.
- Report on daily basis intakes of the patients under nutritional treatment.
- Stimulate mothers to breast-feed.
- Monitor and report weight and other vital indicators, if necessary, (temperature, heart and respiratory rates) of each patient.
- Report the nurse pathologic symptoms such as, apathetic, anorexia, not drinking, vomiting, fever, dehydration, diarrhea, etc.
- Apply the correct procedures in the event of a fever (damping down, providing liquids, etc.) or hypothermia (kangaroo method, survival blanket, etc.).
- Supervise drinking water availability in the ward, and ensure it is well identified.
- Supervise premises and materials remain clean.
- Provide hygienic training and sanitation education to children, mothers and the targeted population.
- Prepare ORS
- Literacy and sound knowledge on nutrition protocols.
- Not required.
- Essential, local languages and/or dialects; mission working language, a plus.
- Stress Management
Skills:Results, commitment, flexibility, commitment, stress management, etc.
Working conditions: Contract
Method of Application
Submit your CV, qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to ALIMA’ Office in MONGNO OR BAGA.
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.