Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls New Position Available
Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls, is a school dedicated to educating the total person – intellectual, spiritually, socially, physically and emotionally. Our ultimate aim is to create a new cadre of confident female leaders who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: House Parent
- The main function of this post is to be an adult presence in the Boarding House and be responsible for the health and welfare of the students and the house, the physical building within which they live
- Further, it requires someone who likes and understands young people and is able to demonstrate good sense
- They should have good personal inter-active skills with young people and their parents and guardians by being a good listener, flexible outlook, reliable, warm and friendly in disposition, with sufficient sensitivity to show tact and diplomacy. A sense of humour and an even temper dealing with all situations in a co-operative and sensitive manner are also fundamental to carrying out this job effectively
- The nature of the work requires physical fitness, a good level of stamina.
Summary of Duties:
- Transport residents on outings and to some medical and social service appointments. A staff member or qualified volunteer shall accompany each minor resident to above appointments.
- Coordinate evening menu and give basic instruction on food planning/preparation.
- Attend weekly staff meetings to review the status and progress of each student. Submit Weekly Checklist for each resident to School’s Director from prior week at meeting.
- Plan and implement family outings (shopping, community events, etc.); post on activity calendar.
- Be a supportive and loving parent figure.
- Screen all materials brought in by residents at intake and ongoing (i.e. books, music, magazines, videos, etc.) especially sexually explicit or satanic influences. Consult with Principal/Director when necessary.
- Maintain discipline structure and document discipline administered on the Weekly Checklist. With the aim to build character, not to control.
- Facilitate weekly house meetings (go over house issues/rules and meal-planning).
- Conduct monthly fire drills.
- At curfew check that doors are locked, lights off, alarm set, and commons area clean before bedtime.
- Be responsible for daily operation of household such as but not limited to planning meals.
- Assign household chores to residents and observe their completion (personal, weekly, and extra chores). Administer random bedroom checks and final room check before residents are discharged.
- Open regular line of communication with the House team
- Professional contact with parents, pupils and employees of the School, and specifically the Health Centre, the Laundry, Cleaners and Maintenance Department
Knowledge and Skills Required
- First Aid is desirable, but not a requirement.
- Previous training on Childcare would be a useful addition.
- Experience in Boarding School Management and in Childcare.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 10th October, 2018.