Nigerian Conservation Foundation Edu Research Grant (Supported by Chevron Nigeria Limited)
The Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) is the premier Non Governmental Organisation (NGO) dedicated to nature conservation and sustainable development in Nigeria. Established in 1980, the Foundation was registered in 1982 as a Charitable Trust under the Land (Perpetual Succession) Act of 1961 – a policy that was replaced by the Company and Allied Matters Act of 1990. Founded by late Chief S. L. Edu, NCF has its patron as the President and Commander- In-Chief of the Armed Force of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Chief S. L. Edu Research Grant
The Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) with support from Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) offers research grants to Nigerian citizens wishing to undertake research work in fields related to nature conservation and sustainable livelihood. The grant shall be to support a PhD programme. Candidates will be selected based on (among others) the quality of their research proposal.
- Candidates must be Nigerian citizens.
- Candidates must have M.Sc. Degree or equivalent qualification in Biological Sciences, Social Sciences or Law (Environmental Law/Protection) but related to environmental resources management
- Candidates must have secured admission into a Nigerian university towards a PhD degree in any of the fields stated in No. 2 above.
- Candidates must develop acceptable research proposals that meet NCF’s vision and mission.
- Proposals must have correlation with local and national environmental conservation challenges and issues.
- A progress report (on letter headed paper) from the applicant’s Project Supervisor(s) stating how far he or she has gone in his or her research work and his/her role in the initial review, as well as the relevance to the objectives of the grant, is a very essential condition for considering any application. Please note that a reference letter is an equivalent of a Progress Report from the Supervisors(s).
- 200-word justification, with relevance to natural and environmental resource management and biodiversity conservation.
- A 3,000-word project proposal to be submitted should reflect the Title, Introduction/Statement of Problem, Objectives, Methodology and Expected Output etc.
- Curriculum vitae (not more than 2 pages detailing research and work experience).
- Scanned copy of admission letter.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online