Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Recruitment, June 2018
The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA), is a corporate body established by the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (Establishment, etc.) Act 2011, and mandated to manage funds in excess of budgeted hydrocarbon revenues. Its mission is to play a leading role in driving sustained economic development for the benefit of all Nigerians through building a savings base for the Nigerian people, enhancing the development of Nigeria’s infrastructure, providing stabilization support in times of economic stress.
The NSIA is in the process of strengthening its operations and enhancing overall capacity towards delivering its mandate. In this regard, the Authority is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, result-oriented and exceptional professional to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Officer, Investment Operations
Reference Number: ESO101
- Under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, the successful candidate will work with investment teams on a diverse range of investment activities
- He/she will support the procurement of high-quality and cost-efficient services/supplies ensuring that the business gets the best value at all times.
- Support the management of the Authority’s investment portfolio, monitor portfolio activities and provide up-to-date reports to management
- Support compliance with project milestones, contracts, commitment and terms
- Monitor project schedules and budgets, prepare progress reports, and liaise with key internal teams i.e. Finance, Audit, Risk management etc.
- Prepare project costs variance reporting and commitment control
- Support the continuous review/monitoring of the Authority’s investment portfolio in order to proactively escalate red flags
- Support the implementation of exit strategies for all holdings in the portfolio ensuring the Authority can exit from its investment on a timely and seamless basis.
- Assist with new manager on-boarding, transition for manager changes and issues resolution
- Assist in the review of performance measurement reports produced by the Global Custodian and liaise with the Investment teams to review returns and discuss anomalies
- Support cash movements within the custodial and other banking relationships (both domestic and international)
- Develop relationships with both internal and external counter-parties to ensure timely completion of project deliverables
- Support the review of monthly reporting pack from the Global Custodians (GC) and discuss any valuation differences with the Investment teams
- Play a role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies/services
- Perform administrative duties; minute taking, end-to-end business support within the procurement process flow
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the Unit Head/Team Lead.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- A Business Degree with a Post graduate/Professional qualification. Possession of ICAN/ACCA will be an added advantage
- At least 5 to 8 years of experience in a similar position
- Broad knowledge about back office processes, asset management and service providers
- Counter-party/Credit Risk experience with exposure to Financial market/Infrastructure projects
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Organized, and able to handle multiple tasks and delver to deadlines
In addition, candidates for these roles must possess the following attributes:
- Proven leadership, negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent networking, relationship-building, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good understanding of the NSIA mandate, regulations and operating environment.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote the appropriate reference number as the subject of your e-mail
Job Title: Head, Internal Audit
Reference Number: ESO100
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and Chair, Board Committee on Audit, the successful candidate will coordinate the development of strategies for the internal audit function in line with global best practices and manage organization-wide compliance and control matters.
- Establishes direction and oversees the internal audit function to ensure stakeholder alignment and organizational goals and objectives are achieved
- Coordinate the conduct of investigations into suspected fraudulent practices across the organization and determine/recommend the appropriate line of action
- Provide regular, accurate and objective reports/updates for management attention
- Liaise with the Board Audit Committee and implement its recommendations
- Continually review and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of policies, procedures and processes across the organization and identify improvement opportunities
- Performs related work as assigned by the Audit Committee or the Managing Director.
- Conducts risk-based audits, both scheduled and unscheduled, with concentration on policies, procedures, corporate governance principles and practices that relate to the control, safeguarding, and accountability for funds and assets.
- Institute internal control framework and continuously evaluates, prepares and distributes reports on the results of reviews and audits including recommendations for modification of management practices, fiscal policies, and accounting procedures as justified by audit findings
- Monitor the Authority’s compliance with all applicable regulations guiding its operations.
- Manage the interface with the Offices of the Auditor-General and Accountant-General of the Federation in the review of the Authority’s transactions and activities
- Ensure violations of the Authority’s operational procedures are promptly detected and properly investigated and make recommendations on proper preventive/remedial actions
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- A Degree in Accounting, Finance and/or Risk Management; possession of ICAN, ACCA, CISA, CIMA, CFA and other such professional qualifications will be an advantage. Other relevant professional and post-graduate qualification(s) will be also an advantage
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years in the practice of audit, control, accountancy experience, and financial institution, seven of which must be as a senior role or in a reputable audit firm
- Good knowledge of Internal audit methodologies including Risk management methodologies
- Corporate governance procedures, Accounting standards, Auditing guidelines and Process engineering
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills as well as good report writing
- Excellent work organization and a high degree of attention to details
- Financial/data analysis skills with high level of Integrity
- Demonstrated commitment to ethical standards and highest level of integrity.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to: email@example.com Please quote the appropriate reference number as the subject of your e-mail
Application Deadline 2nd August, 2018.
- The roles are open to Nigerians within and outside the country who have completed the National Youth Service Programme
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.