Nielsen Recent Available Employment Opportunity
Nielsen is the world’s leading marketing and media Information Company. We’re passionate about measuring and analyzing how people interact with digital and traditional media and in-store environments-locally and globally.
Businesses worldwide use our services to better manage their brands, launch and grow product portfolios and optimize their media mix. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Data Science
Job Type: Regular
About This Job
- Do you know what consumers buy? What do consumers watch? Nielsen Knows! The primary role of a Data Scientist is to help in maintaining the highest level of data quality through investigation and resolution of specific client concerns.
- Data Scientists are also required to routinely extract and analyze data thoroughly and efficiently to identify breakdowns in data quality.
- They must also be able to clearly communicate these findings to our internal and external clients. Additionally, they must be able to think critically and creatively to develop solutions and be able to utilize SQL and Python code to perform their investigations.
- Lead detailed analysis to investigate client concerns with Nielsen Retail Measurement Services data
- Conduct elementary deductive reasoning and think critically
- Manage multiple investigations/projects simultaneously
- Represent Data Science in client meetings and interactions with other departments
- Explain products and methodologies directly to clients in a format that meets their level of understanding
- Detect, troubleshoot, and resolve system anomalies that disrupt client deliverables
- Continually develop the technological skillset
- Identify and develop technological tools that streamline the investigation process
A Little Bit About You
- If you can translate data into a story to our internal and external clients and if you can think critically and creatively to develop solutions and be able to utilize SQL and Python code to perform their investigations this is the job for you! We are looking for a person who will not only excellent in technical aspect but will also have experience in client-facing exposure. The manager will manage an international team that communicates in both English and French.
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Economics, Business or fields that employ rigorous data analysis
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word
- 4-6 years’ experience in at least one of the following fields: data science, survey design, behavioral
- methods, data analysis, business administration/operations, consulting, logistics/supply chain, management information systems, or operations management/research
- the ability to speak in French will be a big plus
- Desire to learn and continually upgrade skills
- Disposition to simplify research, work processes, and complex statistical concepts
- Quantitative aptitude with proven data analysis and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Python, SAS, R or other statistical packages
- Exposure to big data technologies and machine learning
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online