New Job Openings At International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Maiduguri Sub Delegation, is looking for suitable candidates to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Economic Security (EcoSec) Field Officer – Veterinarian
- Collect relevant information in the field for the implementation of the program and report to the EcoSec Deputy Coordinator.
- Analyse data and present it in a written and structured format;
- Understand, analyse and evaluate livestock related issues in the middle belt area.
- Monitor animal health status in the field and promptly report any disease emergencies to the EcoSec Deputy Coordinator.
- Contribute to the implementation and running of the livestock interventions as a part of EcoSec program in the North East of Nigeria.
- Help to set up a plan of action for any livestock intervention and propose adjustments or corrective steps when necessary
- Together with respective State Ministry of Veterinary services (SMoVS) identify and assist in training of Community Animal Health Workers (CAHWs) and vaccinators;
- Collect information on other relevant humanitarian programs and report on problems with accuracy and without delay.
- Assume main responsibility for implementing the Livestock programme in the North East with minimum supervision.
- Maintain and follow up contacts with SMoVS representatives and other livestock stakeholders and supervise the work of CAHWs/vaccinators (numbers to be defined) and the vaccination activities in the field.
- Assist the EcoSec Deputy Coordinator in all administrative procedures related to the implementation of the Livestock programs.
- University degree (Veterinary Science)
- 3 years’ work experience in a similar field, previous humanitarian / NGO experience an asset
- Team leadership skills
- Good command of written and spoken English and Fulani (added advantage)
- Good computer skills
- Very good understanding of the socio-political situation in the area of assignment
- Very good analytical and organizational skills
- Willingness to travel extensively and to participate in extended field trips in an adverse environment
- Honest and trustworthy
- Very well organized and paying attention to details
Job Title: Health Field Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Assists Health Delegate in running field activities related to the health program
- In coordination with Health Delegate, networks and maintains contacts with State, local authorities and other humanitarian organizations, National Security, Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) and community leaders
- Participates in field trips; at times may be requested to organize and lead field trip.
- Collects all relevant information in the field for the implementation of the programme and relays it to the health delegate or health coordinator
- Contributes to assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of health programs
- Contributes to continuous assessment and monitoring of health situation in area of responsibility
- Registered Nurse/Midwife registered with the Nursing council of Nigeria
- Working experience in Public Health in the tropics & in Reproductive Health sector is mandatory
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Good knowledge of Borno mainly & Yobe surrounding areas
- Prepared to spend 80% of time doing field visits
- At least 2 years of experience in working in Nigeria and knowledge of the Nigerian Health System
- Good command of both written and spoken English
- Able to translate local language Hausa and Kanuri to English and vice versa
- Knowledge in Data entry and analysis.
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Team leadership and good communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative.
- Team work and partnership working skills.
- Willingness to learn and support others in their learning.
- Highly developed analytical, planning and organising skills.
Job Title: Mechanic
Location: Yola, Adamawa
- Maximizes fleet efficiency and effectiveness for all vehicles and generators through planned preventative maintenance in accordance with guidelines issued from Geneva or in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations as well as in view of operational requirements.
- Repairs and maintains ICRC Vehicles and generators according to workload planning and instructions.
- Establishes and maintains an accurate Job card based maintenance history for all Log/Fleet assets and repairs.
- In liaison with Abuja workshop prepares orders for spare parts for six month consumption for the Yola fleet.
- Accompanies vehicles during long field trips and/or distributions as required
- Carries out routine works independently
- Ensures that all fleet safety security measures & standards in place and respected
- Manages the spare parts received from Abuja fleet, create stock cards for each item and update the card and records timely and accurately whenever there is a movement of stock.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or recognised technical training
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Driving license
- Succeeded in ICRC Driving test.
- 2 years work experience as a mechanic
- Flexible and motivated
- Good sense of responsibility and well organized
- Quality, preventive maintenance and solution oriented.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae, copy of valid driver’s license and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
- Please clearly indicate “EcoSec Field Officer – Veterinarian Maiduguri” as the subject of your application
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated. Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
Application Deadline: 3rd October, 2017.