New Job At Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager I (Senior Program Manager)
Reference number: PMI15917
Travel Required: 30% of the time
- You will manage programming in the Country Program (CP) for the Global Fund HIV Program, designing and implementing projects advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable.
- Your management skills and knowledge will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its programming.
- Manage and implement all activities throughout relevant project cycles – project design, start-up, implementation and close-out – to ensure efficient and effective implementation in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices. Ensure project team and partner staff use the appropriate systems and tools.
- Champion learning with project staff and partner teams. Analyze and evaluate project performance data following MEAL policy. Proactively identify issues and concerns and use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
Budget Management and Administration:
- Coordinate and monitor financial and material resources relevant to project needs. Through planning and oversight ensure efficient use of project resources
- Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Coordinate the identification of staff capacity and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation.
- Help identify, assess and strengthen partnerships relevant to the GF HIV Program, applying appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with donors, peer organizations and church partners in accordance with CRS partnership principles, while ensuring that all GF HIV state teams observe the same principles.
HSS Unit Responsibilities:
- Act as a key resource person in project design and proposal development in respective programming area, gap-filling and taking on growth responsibilities, as needed.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements
Education and Experience:
- MBBS or related first degree required with significant field experience in clinical and community-based care of persons living with HIV/AIDS. Master’s degree in Public Health or a related field from a reputable institution will be strongly preferred.
- Experience managing Global Fund supported projects is preferred.
- Experience engaging with partner organizations is required.
- Experience contributing to the development of technical proposals.
- MEAL skills and experience are required
- Minimum of 7 years of post NYSC work experience in a project management position with an international NGO.
- Project management experience in HIV/ AIDS programming is required.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
Key Working Relationships:
- Supervisory: Clinical Coordinator, MEAL Manager, 5 State Team Leads, Logistics & Supply Chain Manager.
- Internal: Head of Unit, HSS; Deputy Country Representative, Health; GF Finance team; MEAL Coordinator.
- External: Global Fund, Local Fund Agent, the Principal Recipient (FHI 360), NACA, NASCP, State Ministries of Health, SACAs, Partner Health Facilities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form Below” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: email@example.com. The position title and location must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference number: “PMI15917”.
- Applications will be treated as they are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CRS is an equal – opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
- CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation .
Application Deadline: 22nd September, 2017.