Nestle Nigeria Plc
Nestle Nigeria Plc – As the Leading Nutrition Health and Wellness Company, we are committed to enhancing People’s lives, everywhere, every day. Infact enhancing lives will influence everything we do together.
A presence in more than 130 countries and factories in more than 80 research centres brings many global benefits. We believe in long term career development and appreciate how challenges and motivation will help you reach your potential. Nestle Nigeria Plc upholds the principle of Non- Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunities in its recruitment processes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Manager
Position Type: Full-time
- Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest food and Beverage Company in the world. At our very core, we are a human company driven by our purpose to enhance the quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
- Nestlé Nigeria is currently looking for a Legal Manager who will drive compliance with applicable laws affecting the operations of the company; protect the interest of Nestlé in commercial transactions by preparation and vetting of legal documents; provide legal advice to the company, its Business Units and functions; and manage, as well as resolve disputes.
A day in the life of…
- Protecting the interest of Nestlé in commercial transactions by preparing or vetting all contracts, documents and correspondence to mitigate the risk exposure of Nestlé and ensure that commercial terms are favorable to Nestlé.
- Providing legal advice and guidance to the Company and its Business Units to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policies.
- Providing legal advice and guidance for the management of consumer-related complaints including attendance at crisis management meetings.
- Protecting the proprietary rights (intellectual property, brand equity, trademarks) of Nestlé by providing support to and guaranteeing information flow between the relevant stakeholders (Security, ManCom, Legal Management, Regulatory, Business Unit & RIPA) for the investigation of counterfeiting activities.
- Managing the Board and Committee meetings of Nestlé Nigeria Trust (CPFA) Ltd. by preparing the board papers, taking minutes at meetings, keeping records and making the relevant returns to the appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Dispute management and resolution relating to Business Units within his/her portfolio by liaising with external counsel, developing case management strategies, preparing or reviewing all court processes and documents to be filed on behalf of Nestlé, attending court sittings on behalf of Nestlé, maintaining a database of all active cases and giving updates to the Company Secretary.
- Sensitizing and educating staff on Anti –Corruption, Data Privacy and Food Law; and other relevant laws, policies, legal and other issues affecting them and/or operations of the company in these areas.
- Shared but differentiated responsibility with the Legal team management to provide corporate services for registration or renewal of trademarks, renewal of General License Agreement, and renewal or application of relevant permits and licenses.
What will make you successful:
- Minimum of an LL.B (Second Class, Upper Division); and a B.L (Second Class, Upper Division) from the Nigerian Law School.
- 7 to 10 years post-qualification experience in active corporate/commercial law and practice.
- Membership of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria.
- Experience in commercial law/corporate practice with knowledge of contract law, disputes and litigation, compliance, Corporate Governance, intellectual property and data privacy.
- Good experience in secretarial affairs.
- Sound knowledge of Nigerian legal system and other industry best practices.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Persuasion and negotiation skills.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted or given feedback.