Multi-linguist Business Development Manager At Stresert Services Limited
Stresert Services Limited – Our client is a leading logistics and supply chain management company with headquarters in Lagos, Nigeria. The company is a licensed ship broker as well as a clearing/forwarding agent with expertise in haulage, warehousing, vessel and tanker barging, ship brokerage etc.
Multi-linguist Business Development Manager
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldSales / Marketing / Business Development Security / Intelligence
- Identify new business opportunities, develop existing business and add new business accounts.
- Maintain an active new business prospect listing to approach and present to the company.
- Undertake new business sales leads to win new business. Responsible in maintaining existing customer database through regular sales visits.
- The Business Development Manager is responsible for the promotion and active selling of the company’s services, which includes Ship brokerage, warehousing, freight forwarding and supply chain solutions.
- Managing a team of other Business Development Executives ensuring that they manage all opportunities effectively and strategically guiding them in line with company requirements and sales targets.
- Develop a new business prospect listing to ensure that future new business development is
- planned in advance.
- Responsible for the management and handling of the RFQ response documents coming to the company for Contract Logistics Business.
- Develop and maintain procedures as per policy for RFQ and new business submissions; Produce exceptional proposal documentation.
- Maintain all account and new business approaches and outcomes in view, with a focus on winning and keeping profitable business.
- Generate and distribute specific reports as required in alignment with the position.
- Maintain close working relationships with the Customer Service, Operations and Contract Logistics team.
- Maintain and manage the financial forecast and cost module projections for new business submission.
- Undertake cross selling and up selling within existing customer base to further develop account potential through airfreight, sea freight, road freight, warehousing and other value added products and contract logistics.
- Manage and coordinate commercial activities of defined group of customers with the customer service team, in line with the company’s targets.
- Represents the company and its policies to the clients which are defined as “Strategic Accounts”.
- Undertake sales presentations to customers and business communities to present to the company and its products and services.
- Gain an understanding of the needs of existing customers and how to add value to their business in the relevant product area.
- Work collaboratively with other BDM’s and Operations leaders to identify and develop opportunities.
- Responsible for managing and maximizing the organization’s business result from the assigned accounts through a combination of world class account management, business development, and consultative selling.
- Through stakeholder management and effective solutions to ensure revenue growth, retention and customer satisfaction, in order to achieve the assigned sales, volume and financial targets.
- Manage and execute a global account pursuit plan in accordance with goals and objectives for the account, including acquisition of new business, maintenance of existing business and maintaining or improving profitability.
Education, Experience & Spoken Languages
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related field preferred. (Or an equivalent combination of work experience)
- Minimum of (5) five years industry experience in a similar role and not exceeding 40 years of age.
- Ability to speak Chinese or Indian language with the 3 major Nigerian languages will be an added advantage.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent transaction negotiation and closing skills.
- Sound commercial insight and experience, ability to demonstrate strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Confidence in undertaking presentations to vast number of people.
- Analytic skills to review both financial and operational data.
- Able to use MS office, PowerPoint, Excel and some other PC applications
- Able to work under pressure where needed.
- Able to travel both internal and abroad.
- Good time management techniques and excellent reporting abilities.
- Prioritising and managing a number of customer relationships at a senior level.
- Good Manufacturing Practice experience knowledge.
- Commercially and financially astute with a good balance of strategic thinking and operational credibility.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using ‘BSML’ as subject of the mail.
Note: Kindly list the languages spoken on your CV. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.