MTN Nigeria Vacancy For A Financial Operation Analyst
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Financial Operations Analyst
- To record all company-wide Financial Operations functions – Fixed Assets, Revenue, Expenditure and General Ledger and support various divisions on financial issues. It is also to maintain commercial relationship with suppliers, government agencies, internal and external customers, inter-connect partners, international roaming partners and value added service providers in line with MTN group policies, accounting standards, regulatory and tax requirement pronouncements
- Raise and post journal vouchers and other financial transactions in the ERP system, resolve all reconciling items promptly and maintain set departmental filing system.
- Relate with relevant customers and suppliers.
- Relate with other divisions and departments on revenue, expenditure and fixed assets related issues.
- Interaction with marketing division on billing and information systems functions
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Provide supporting documents, records and schedules to meet audit and regulatory requirements; and all schedules /reports (including age analysis, assets movement, etc).
- Implement finance policies as well as guarantee compliance with established internal controls, MTN Processes, Policies and Procedure, IFRS, IAS and GAAP in processing all transactions.
- Process and post all account payables and receivables; and all month end deliverables within the monthly reporting timelines.
- Provide operational support for the division including maintaining the budget, Profit and Loss accounts, special programs and contract analysis.
- Analyse the general Ledger transactions (Capex, Opex and Revenue) and all transactions posted into IFS to ensure proper classification and correction, as well as ageing of all Balance Sheet accounts.
- Prepare trend analysis of Capex, Opex and revenue transactions, all General Ledger/Sub- ledger Accounts reconciliation, as well as weekly and monthly performance reports.
- Conduct in-depth analysis to identify specific trends, explain past performance and recommend opportunities for improvement, within the division
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- Fluent in English
- First Degree in any discipline, but a finance related degree is desirable.
- Part qualification in any recognised professional accounting examinations (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA, etc) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in using an ERP system is desirable
- Numerate and analytical skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication.
- Time management.
- Personal Effectiveness.
- Creative thinking
- BA, BEd, BSc or HND.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 21st November, 2017.