Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at the American University of Nigeria (AUN)
The American university of Nigeria (AUN) is Africa’s foremost development university with a mission to foster the creation of leaders committed to sustaining a democracy in which diverse people share in the rights and responsibilities of citizenship, proficient in creating and applying technology to wise purpose, and dedicated to securing a humane and prosperous world. The university offers a unique resource for Nigeria, West Africa, and the entire continent in addressing crucial economic and social development needs.
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for position below in the Atiku Centre Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Development:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Locations: Yola and Mubi – Adamawa
About the Project
- The Atiku Centre Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Development is starting a new project in early 2018, focused on improving resilience amongst returnees in return LGAs of Adamawa state.
- This is two years project with office in Yola and Mubi.
- In application of our mission and vision, the Atiku Centre Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Development was set up to provide a one stop shop for all development initiatives, utilizing our local knowledge and global expertise to study problems, develop solutions and prioritize the implementation of the solutions in the form of projects.
- The centre currently implements a number of projects across the north east focusing on mitigating the impact of the insurgency on the lives of the people of the north east and Nigerians in general.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will lead all project M&E an reporting. S/he will be experienced in project M&E at state and local government level.
- S/he will be a mentor to project staff to support M&E functions of the project. S/he should be highly skilled and experienced data manager and data analysts.
- S/he should be able to track and report on all project targets and indicators as described in the project M&E plan and log frame. The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist reports to the Project Manager
- BA/Master’s degree or equivalent experience in statistics, Mathematics, Physics
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project M&E Nigeria
- Proven experience and skills in data management and analysis
- Experience in developing project M&E plans and log frames
- Aptitude/experience in supervising staff and the ability to mentor subordinates;
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistical packages such as Excel, SPSS etc
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of Hausa required.
- Knowledge and experience of working in Northern region of Nigeria will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
22nd December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, cover letters and references to: email@example.com The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.