Monitoring And Evaluation Officer at Centre for Democracy and Development
The Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD) is an international, non-governmental organisation dedicated to research, training and advocacy on issues of democratisation, development and human security in West Africa, we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring And Evaluation Officer
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer’s specific duties will be program monitoring and evaluation: ensuring that the programme is performing optimally to achieve established results/targets, and monitoring progress on performance indicators.
- S/he shall develop and manage the system for reporting on programme results as per monthly reporting guidelines and to donors as per donor reporting guidelines.
- Implement and monitor a system for collecting data and information from Programme staff, partners, and sub-grantees on indicators/targets, including success stories that highlight the work of the organization.
- S/he shall: ensure that programme plans and activities are directed towards achieving targets identified in proposal performance management plans and Annual Operating Plans;
- Assist in negotiating with funders over indicators/performance information required from the organisation;
- S/he shall be familiar with and communicate to rest of staff the basic tenets of programme Monitoring and Evaluation (such as the OSIWA, USAID log frame, or “logical framework” approach etc).
- S/he shall ensure that reports conform to specified/required formats, and that reports correspond to grant-specific.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- 3+ years experience in programme monitoring and implementation
- Thorough familiarity with grant rules, regulations and requirements common to programmes funded by development cooperation agencies & foundations (such as USAID, DFID, NED, UNDP), and
- Proven abilities in programme DME (design, monitoring, and evaluation), including familiarity with best practices in use in the NGO sector to plan, monitor, and measure impact of programmes.
- This position requires the ability to work with a diverse team, to manage pressure effectively, and strong organizational skills are all essential.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Cover letter, resume and referees contact details by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only Electronically submitted applications will be entertained. Scanned applications will be disregarded.
- Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for e.g. Sylvester Brown: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Only short listed candidates will be invited.
Interview Date 9th January, 2018.
Application Deadline 27th December, 2017.