Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International – 2 Positions
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Maiduguri/Monguno, Borno
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officers be based in Maiduguri/Monguno, Borno State and report to the Monitoring and Evaluation Deputy Project Manager.
- The M & E Officer will be primarily be responsible for data gathering, collation and reporting activities to ensure the quality and accountability of projects implemented by Action Against Hunger in Northern Nigeria.
The major tasks includes but are not limited to;
- Develop and implement clear and practical M&E plans for the program by ensuring program indicators, monitoring formats, databases, data analysis, and reporting are maintained and harmonized.
- Track progress of key indicators and provide timely report to his/her manager. The task and responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Supporting the M&E team in the pilot data collection and integration of findings by providing feedback to the M & E Deputy Project Manager.
- Review and develop M & E systems for new projects, lead on the implementation of qualitative and participatory tools, including focus group discussions.
- Work closely with the team and other project team to ensure timely and quality data entry, analysis and interpretation.
- Regular field visits and monitor the design and execution of surveys with other assessments.
- Representation of Action Against Hunger activities relating to monitoring, evaluation, accountability and reporting when required.
The successful candidate will;
- Have a minimum of bachelors degree in Economics, international development, statistics, public health, demography or related subject, with previous experience in a similar field/ working in humanitarian projects.
- Have experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing.
- Have strong experience in community development programming, preferably in nutrition, food security, livelihoods or WASH.
- Have strong organizational and analytical skills, and ability to work under pressure.
- Have excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, spreadsheets, Sphere standard, SPSS, SPHINX, or other statistical packages
- Be willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited
- Be fluent in English and Hausa (both written and spoken skills).
- Have experience in statistical analysis with participatory fieldwork methodologies.
Application Closing Date
24th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online