Mixta Nigeria Current Employment Opportunity
Mixta Nigeria, a subsidiary of Mixta Africa, S.A. a company wholly owned by Asset & Resource Management Holding Company Limited, is a leading real estate development company in Nigeria.
The company has a strong track record and diverse real estate portfolio, with operations spanning the residential, commercial, and retail sectors of the Nigerian real estate industry. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: External Financial Reporting Associate
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- Ownership of the process underlying the production of the financial consolidation for the Group (annual statutory reporting and monthly investor reporting);
- Preparation of the financial consolidation for the Group for the purposes of the annual statutory accounts and support the consolidation accountant in the monthly consolidation;
- Support the Group CFO in Producing the Annual Review for the Group;
- Lead the audit of the consolidated results;
- Work closely with the Legal, Treasury and Tax teams on Group projects such as corporate restructurings and new internal and external reporting requirements;
- Ad-hoc financial reporting as required;
- Produce the Group year-end tax reconciliation, working alongside the tax team in subsidiaries.
- Finance owner of the Group consolidation system;
- Ensure that the Group consolidation system is kept up-to-date, properly maintained, and supports the consolidation requirements for the Group.
- Maintain and develop the Group accounting policies manual;
- Analyse and review new accounting standards and prepare proposal for revisions to accounting policies, as necessary.
- Direct line-management responsibility for the provision of development opportunities for Finance Staff.
- Group Tax consolidation
- Group Tax Planning
- Effective tax rate and forecast / deferred tax calculations for each reporting period
- Review all tax computations, liaising and acting as lead contact for tax advisers and the internal tax ‘expert’ for the group.
- Contact point for central tax queries from affiliates, ensuring that appropriate support is provided.
- Responsible for completion of federal, international and state income tax returns including all related analysis and support.
- Oversight of the tax returns for the Company’s international subsidiaries.
- Responsible for use and property tax functions.
- Responsible for audits of federal and state income tax and state and local filings.
- Responsible for accounting for income taxes in Nigeria and International subsidiaries.
- Responsible for transfer pricing and management fee arrangements.
- Liaison with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes.
- Departmental liaison with IT staff on all technical matters relating to tax applications.
- Should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business or the Social Sciences. ACCA CPA certificate would be preferred
- Up to 8 years’ experience, preferably in a similar role
- Experience in any of the big audit firms
- Corporate reporting; Internal & External
- Multinational experience
- Worked with a UK Publicly Quoted Company in a similar function
- Deep understanding of LSE & NSE reporting requirements and technicalities
- Familiarity with LSE & NSE working rules
- Should be highly knowledgeable of Accounting standards, IFRS, GAAPs etc
- Deep understanding of financial regulations in various markets
- Logical mindset, capable of evaluating and handling transactions with a high degree of complexity
- Should have significant experience with integrated financial systems and strong excel skills
- Analytical mindset
- Report writing skills
- Strong bias for research
- French language skill is an added advantage
- Experience working in UK or the developed market is an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified