Mercy Corps Recent Employment Opportunity
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. In Nigeria, Mercy Corps has worked since 2012 by focusing its programming on adolescent girls’ empowerment, economic development, conflict mitigation, and humanitarian response.
With the insurgency spilling over from the Northeast of Nigeria and causing displacement of millions of individuals, Mercy Corps started its humanitarian response in 2014 to address the rising humanitarian needs. With funding from institutional donors, foundations and private corporations, Mercy Corps continues to provide assistance to meet the basic needs of vulnerable populations in the areas of food security, shelter, water and sanitation, protection, and livelihoods.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin/Receptionist Intern
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Dates of Internship: 2nd January, 2019
Length of Internship: 11 Months
Interns Supervisor & Contact Information: Admin Officer
- The Admin/Receptionist Intern will be based in Maiduguri and will work under the direct supervision of the Admin Officer to support operations process of MC Nigeria
- The successful candidate will undertake administrative duties working in close collaborations with other operations team members as well Programs.
At the end of the Internship period, the intern should have acquired the following skills and knowledge:
- Learn to manage relationships with external stakeholders
- Demonstrate understanding for discharging administrative functions
- Understand Mercy Corps processes
- Assist the Administrative officer to prepare required paper work within the department
- Make visa enquiries from embassy on behalf of staff
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned.
- Attend to all walk in and expected guests of Mercy Corps
- Answer all incoming correspondents and dispatch to recipients
- Monitor daily usage of office supplies/utilities and take stock on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Log in all Travel Advance Request and support in making travel logistics arrangement for both National and expatriate staff
- Collate monthly office supply (stationaries) requisition and distribute items to departments
- Prepare Payment requests
- A B.Sc or HND in Business related field is essential
- A demonstrated ability to multitask and process information into action in a timely manner
- Ability to use the following Microsoft Productivity tools Excel and Word
- Fluency in English Language
- Mercy Corps Interns and Volunteers represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
- The intern will be expected to work 40 hours a week
- The intern will be paid a monthly allowance of N60,000
- Intern will remain responsible for all costs associated with his/her Internship in Mercy Corps Nigeria
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 14th December, 2018.