Mercy Corps Nigeria Job for an ICT Officer
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we collaborate to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. In Nigeria, Mercy Corps has worked since 2012 by focusing its programming on adolescent girls’ empowerment, economic development, conflict mitigation, and humanitarian response.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Officer
Location: Maiduguri (with 30% travel to all other field offices in northern Borno)
Program / Department Summary
- Mercy Corps is an international relief and development organization working in over 40 countries worldwide helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
- Our work covers the following sectors: economic development, livelihoods/food security, adolescent girls & Boys empowerment, financial resilience, conflict mitigation and humanitarian response.
- Common themes include community engagement, inclusive development, gender, and working in partnership with local government, the private sector and civil society actors.
- Mercy Corps Nigeria implements a variety of programs with the ultimate goal of building productive, secure and just communities.
- The organization’s programs are implemented in twelve states, mainly in north and northeast parts of Nigeria and Lagos.
General Position Summary
- Mercy Corps is looking for an IT Officer to join its team in Northern Borno to provide comprehensive support in the areas of ICT and administrative support services throughout all project and field locations in Northern Borno.
Essential Job Functions
- Management of the LAN /computer network in Northern Borno.
- S/he will assist with computer maintenance, install equipment, perform preventive maintenance, and the troubleshooting of variety of hardware and software installations.
- Ensure that system and data availability meets business recovery requirements.
- Support staff in executing good stewardship and efficient use of agency ICT resources.
- Collaborate with relevant staff to maintain staff Work tools inventory (laptops or desktops, mobile phone, internal dongle- where applicable, provision of approved communication allowance in accordance to staff function and email address) and ensure adequate supply and functionality in a proactive manner and in accordance to staffing plans.
- Responsible for deployment, maintenance, security, data protection, and troubleshooting of technology and systems for assigned office(s).
- Implement, configure and maintain systems to meet program service and operational excellence requirements.
- Maintain quality system configuration, administration, security, and maintenance for program ICT systems, including networks, servers, and telecommunications.
- Provide timely response to user support requests or promptly escalate issues as needed as per MCN Service Desk procedures.
- Support the on-boarding of staff process.
- Conduct user trainings, as appropriate.
- Configure desktops, laptops and other peripheral devices to provide user access to agency business systems information.
- Deploy and provide ongoing technical support in ICT solutions integrated within programming interventions.
- Provide consistency in service delivery against established policies, procedures, and service standards.
- Support the procurement of ICT equipment and software purchases in line with MCN standards and in compliance with donor requirements.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Reports Directly To: Operations Manager and indirectly to the Country ICT Management Lead
- Works Directly With: Program, Operations, and support team
Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant University Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology with relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application considered a bonus
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Good negotiation, representation skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
- Good understanding or interest in the provision of IT support services that takes into relevance the management of cross-cultural issues within high security environment
- Ability to communicate fluently in English preferred and ability to communicate in Hausa, and or Kanuri would be an advantage
- The successful candidate will be proactive, creative and a problem solver.
- S/he will demonstrate strong understanding of cultural and social environment in the region and have the willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide verity of people
- S/he will be conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment.
- S/he will be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and will be capable of multitasking.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s and Cover Letters in one document, addressing the position requirements to: email@example.com
Drop off application in a sealed envelope with the position boldly written to:
Mercy Corps Nigeria,
No.6 Extension 111 Gambole Road,
Opposite Capital School,
- All applications must include the position title and location in the subject line.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.