Merchandise And Retail Manager at RS Hunter Limited
TS Hunter – Our client, an innovative leading makeup artist based in Abuja which also offers consultations on wide variety of basic skin care, general health and well being guides is currently looking to fill the role of a merchandise and retail Manager to help drive the business and create a unique experience for all cliente.
Merchandise And Retail Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Business Development
- To complete store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees.
- To follow up on work results.
- To maintain store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Inventory management /creative design of product /salesperson
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop Products/ merchandise that work with the company’s goal towards merchandising
- Planning product ranges, preparing sales and stock plans in conjunction with producers and buyers
- Working closely with visual-display staff and content department to decide how goods should be displayed and what platforms to push the products/merchandise on to maximize sales;
- Producing layout plans for stores, sometimes called ‘statements’;
- Forecasting profits and sales, and optimizing the sales volume and profitability of designated product areas;
- Controlling stock levels based on forecasts for the season;
- Using specialist computer software, for example to handle sales statistics, produce sales projections and present spreadsheets and graphs;
- Analyze every aspect of bestsellers (for example, the bestselling price points, colors or styles) and ensuring that they reach their full potential;
- Maintaining awareness of competitors’ performance;
- Monitoring slow sellers and taking action to reduce prices or set promotions as necessary;Gathering information on customers’ reactions to products;
- Meeting with suppliers and managing the distribution of stock, by negotiating cost prices, ordering stock, agreeing timescales and delivery dates and completing the necessary paperwork;
- Identifying production and supply difficulties and dealing with any problems or delays as they arise;
- Managing, training and supervising junior staff.
- Provide source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Facilitate inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
- Bring new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs;
- prepare return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing department.
- Introduce and market new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipate volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintain product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains product management staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Requirements
- Good Knowledge of project management
- Excellent IT skills
- Good Numerical skills
- Good Verbal and written communication skills
- A Team player with good organisational skills
- Commercial awareness
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent with preference to accounting, marketing, fashion designing related and
- Masters Degree in relevant Discipline
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to RS Hunter Limited career website on recruit.zohopublic.com to apply