Medical Science Liasion Officer at Novartis Nigeria
Novartis is a global healthcare leader and has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We appreciate and welcome your interest in joining our team of associates from more than 150 nationalities who currently share our mission to care and to cure. Our career website is updated regularly and can be viewed in other languages by selecting the option in the upper right corner.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Science Liasion Officer
Job ID: 226230BR
Medical Expert Engagement:
- In collaboration with the cross-functional team, ensure appropriate identification, mapping and engagement of Medical Experts and study investigators in alignment to Integrated product strategy (IPS).
- Provide and discuss medical, scientific and health care and outcome research evidence on new treatment options, Novartis compounds, products, therapeutic and research areas with key HCPs (e.g. external Medical Experts, researchers, key patient care providers) and relevant stakeholders involved in patient treatment decisions.
- Upon unsolicited requests for information from HCPs, present data on Novartis products, this may include internally Globally approved information on compounds in development with no approved indications. Scientific Research Support
- Provide scientific education and share information about Novartis clinical research program to identify potential study sites and support study accrual for key trials as appropriate.
- Provide feasibility and research site recommendation for Novartis sponsored clinical trials.
- Upon investigator request, liaise between potential researcher and the Company on IIT sub-mission process or requests for research grade substance (Material Transfer Agreements) to support independent clinical / preclinical research.
- Support scientific exchange to advance understanding of new scientific principles, novel re-search trends, and current scientific debate.
- Provide scientific and educational information to HCPs on specific patient critical issues.
- Collect, analyze and report insights from HCPs to inform and shape medical strategy.
- Pharmacist, MSc, degree in other life sciences. Doctoral degree preferred (Pharm D, PhD, MD).
- English Proven ability to develop and foster peer-to-peer, credible relationships with Medical Experts and decision makers.
- Working knowledge of the Healthcare System and research procedures as well as the ICH guidelines, GCP and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in medical education and communications in at least one therapeutic area.
- Ability to understand and effectively convey emergent scientific and HEOR data.
- Excellent communication skills (listening, persuasion and presentation).
- Must be able to adapt, organize, prioritize, and work effectively on multifunctional teams in a constantly changing field-based environment.
- Familiar with the use of social media and evolving digital platforms e.g. for stakeholder mapping, management, development and insights gathering.
- Strong personal integrity and focus on stakeholders.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online