Médecins Sans Frontières recruitment for Graduate Liaison Officers
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Liaison Officer
Place of Recruitment: Maiduguri
Work location: Maiduguri
Type of Contract: 6 months fixed term (renewable)
Scope of responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Give support to external administrative work and to the coordination team in obtaining working/travel permits, as well as all official contacts, procedures and importation of goods, according to local and international laws and MSF procedures, in order to ensure the smooth running of MSF activities.
- Arrange meetings related to administrative issues for the Head of Mission or the HR Coordinator as well as attend them.
- Keep a complete and updated detailed list of all useful contacts in the Country/Mission with names, telephones, addresses and other relevant details.
- Ensure, together with the management members that all MSF activities are running lawfully and in agreement with the Memorandum of Understanding in all administrative or customs related issues and inform about any possible risks or problems.
- Ensure that no illegal money is paid to any authorities or any individual, promoting and sharing MSF principles and values at all levels.
- Keep all documentation and files updated, properly filed and easily accessible for the internal users.
- Together with the HR Coordinator, ensure that all MSF staff has applied and obtained on time any visa, stay, travel or working permits in the mission country according to needs, and keep information on legal, administrative procedures
- Maintain the support travel service in HQ informed about ongoing processes, specific situations or changes in the procedures related to visas, working permits, etc..
- Know all the procedures that MSF needs to follow in order to import goods from any country and assist the mission in following these procedures, in cooperation with the LogCo and the logistic department of the mission.
- Follow up clearances of MSF cargos and informs about any possible planned or extraordinary needs.
- Establish and maintain professional contacts with relevant authorities, depending on the context and the needs of the mission.
- Essential: Diploma in Administration or Communication related studies
- Essential: Previous experience of at least one year in relevant positions, experience with MSF or other INGOs an added advantage
- Essential: computer literacy (Office software and internet)
- Essential: excellent written and spoken English and Hausa; other local languages an added advantage
- Commitment, Flexibility, Stress Management, Results, Teamwork, Service.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com with subject “Liaison Officer MDG’’
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
Application Deadline 16th July, 2018.