Médecins du Monde New Recruitment
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to to fill the position below:
Job Title: Female Psychosocial Support Counselor
Locations: Maiduguri and Damboa, Borno
Contract Duration: 6 Months (with possibility of extension)
Monthly working hours: 208 hours ( from Monday to Friday, occasional weekend work)
Starting date: ASAP
Supervisor: Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Coordinator
- You will be working under the overall responsibility of the GenCo, and directly under the supervision of the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Coordinator.
- You will provide key support to the MH Coordinator in the roll-out and implementation of project activities.
- He/she will work with partners, counterparts and stakeholders in ensuring psychosocial services, capacity building and awareness-raising.
- He/she will ensure that project outputs are of the highest quality and that expected results are achieved in a timely and efficient manner.
Responsibilities and Tasks Description
- Deliver one-on-one (Individual) and group counselling sessions to identified clients through MDM Clinics, and in line with MDM integrated approach
- Engage with the community to deliver and promote MDM MHPSS project activities in the designated locations.
- Assist in writing monthly, quarterly, annual reports, monitoring and evaluation activity and progress reports of project activities including monthly reporting to the MHPSS Coordinator.
- On request support MH Coord in specific tasks
- Develop psychosocial activities; community mobilization, awareness raising, creation of family support group, working on family links etc.
- Support MH Coord in delivering training, workshops etc as outlined in the project.
- Support in the creation of materials including publicity documents, workshops contents.
- Maintain a positive image of MDM at all times and in all circumstances.
- Be educated to Degree/Diploma level in Psychology, Counselling, Social Sciences, Community Development or related field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 2 years post-qualification experience in related work within an INGO or organization similar setting.
- Experience in MHPSS project implementation within an INGO setting
- Good knowledge of counseling and community mobilization methods and tools
- Good spoken and written English
- Good spoken and written Hausa , with at least one other local language: Kanuri and Marghi, Shuwa, Fulani,
- Good communicator with proven organizational skills
- Previous experience in TOT
- Ability to work harmoniously in a team setting
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends when necessary
- Good computer skills (Microsoft word,Power Point and Excel)
- Experience in supporting medical team and community based organizations
- Experience of working with Hospital could be added advantage
- Knowledge about MHPSS
- Experience working with survivors of trauma, including GBV
- Working in emergency and development project
- Exposure to research
- Good knowledge of Borno state.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s plus cover letter explaining why you consider yourself suitable for this position and providing a valid email and telephone contact to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send their CV’s to:
No. 149 Abubakar Grangrang Street,
Off Damboa Road,
- Ensure to place “Female Psychosocial Support Counsellor” in the subject line.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- This job description is not exhausted and the staff member may be asked from time to time to perform duties over and above those described here. The staff member is also expected to maintain confidentiality of all beneficiaries and internal information at all times.
- Our process of selection include some written tests and oral interviews
- Interviews written test and interviews will be done in Maiduguri
- Applications not meeting the minimum qualifications or received after the expiry date of this Vacancy Notice shall not be considered. If you have not heard from the employer in ONE week from the closure date of this Vacancy Notice please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- MDM would like to thank all applicants for their interest.
- MDM is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from anyone persons regardless of your gender.
Application Deadline: 18th September, 2017.