Marine Advisor at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marine Advisor
Job Type: Contracts
- Leads department, assigns related duties.
- Calculates vessel drafts, stability, and hull stresses to ensure compliance with maximum permissible limits.
- Maintains the main deck, accommodation space and exterior of the vessel.
- Proficient in the use of all navigation and communication equipment.
- Proficient in the use of all emergency response equipment.
- Advises the Chief Engineer of mechanical or electrical needs of the deck department.
- Assists the Chief Engineer in the preparation of shipyard specifications related to the deck department.
- Operate and maintain primary and aux marine systems.
- Operate and troubleshoot machinery and equipment.
- Assist vessel response and damage control.
- Prepares repair specifications, work packages and project execution
- Deck Officer Licensing and Certification: Coast Guard License (Unlimited), Radar Observer, STCW (International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping for Seafarers), GMDSS (Global Maritime Distress and Safety System), MMD (Merchant Mariner Document any unlicensed deck rating, Tankerman-PIC (DL dangerous liquids))
- Engine Officer: Coast Guard License (Unlimited Steam/Motor as applicable), STCW, MMD (Any unlicensed engine rating, Refrigeration, Tankerman-Engine or PIC (DL))
- 10 years plus marine experience at a senior officer position required
- University degree preferred
- Behavioral Skills: adapts, makes sound decisions, manages risk, promotes inclusion.
- Functional Skills: SSHE management operations and maintenance, (Deck) Navigation, ship handling & seamanship, (Deck) Marine managing liquids transfer operations, (Engine) managing marine system (operations & troubleshooting), (Engine) marine vessel machinery and equipment (operation & troubleshooting), (Deck/Engine) marine vessel administration (regulatory compliance, policies, procedures), (Deck/Engine) project management (planning & execution), (Deck/Engine) marine planned maintenance (shutdown, execution and start-up, (Deck/Engine) marine SSHE management and emergency response, (Deck/Engine) marine quality assurance.
Application Closing Date
5th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online