Manager, Legal Project & Asset Finance at the African Export Import Bank
The African Export Import Bank (Afreximbank) was established in Abuja, Nigeria in October, 1993 by African Governments, African private and institutional investors as well as non-African financial institutions and private investors for the purpose of financing, promoting and expanding intra-African and extra-African trade.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Legal (Project & Asset Finance)
Reference: PBF 3802
Location: Cairo, Egypt
- This is a Transactional Banking role with a focus on the project finance and asset finance activities of the Bank. The role of the position holder will be to support the Head of Legal in providing the required legal advice to the President, management and the Board as may be required.
- Supporting the coordination of the Bank’s internal and external legal capacities in the performance of its legal function and working with internal legal staff and external parties as approved by Management;
- Preparation of a variety of legal documentation including transaction documentation designed to protect the interests of the Bank as lender, borrower, co-lender, service user or provider and in a wide range of other capacities;
- Negotiation of legal documents with the Bank’s legal counter-parties and under the guidance of Management;
- Providing legal advice to management and staff in all areas of the Bank’s activities and proffering solutions to legal problems, constraints, risks, options, consequences and approaches;
- Review legal documentation prepared for the Bank or arising from the work of the Bank;
- Representing the Bank internally and externally in negotiation, disputes, consultations and other proceedings that require legal representation;
- Participation in legal aspects of the Bank’s business and lending as well as borrowing operations including loan administration and various committees as management may specify; and
- Any other duties as assigned by senior management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A degree in Law with excellent academics and either a relevant post-graduate degree from a recognised University or a Diploma in Legal practice from a recognised school in lieu. French law or similar civil law qualifications and experience will be required for this role;
- Professional legal practice and experience of not less than 8 years, with particular emphasis on the financial services industry is essential. Experience in handling documentation of cross-border trade and project finance business will be an advantage
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments and to present legal advice on various management issues to the Bank’s senior management and the Board;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage (Arabic and Portuguese);
- Strong skills in drafting a variety of legal documents and communicating complex issues clearly and concisely
- Familiarity with trade and project finance issues, treasury issues and transnational transactions is desirable
- Extensive experience of advising on all legal aspects of structuring, drafting and executing project finance transactions
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment with quick turnaround expectations
- Negotiating skills and capacity to work with other professionals including non-legal professionals to develop innovative solutions to conflicting interests and positions
- Willingness to assume multiple roles and tasks to meet changing business needs with ability to foresee, troubleshoot and effectively resolve conflicting issues and challenges; and
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
- Willing and able to relocate to Egypt
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to “Pandora Buchanan ” via: firstname.lastname@example.org