Manager, Fixed Assets and General Ledger at Jumia Nigeria
Jumia is your number one Online Shopping solution in Nigeria. There is an online electronic store where you can purchase all your electronics, as well as books, home appliances, fashion items, shoes, mobile phones and more online and have them delivered directly to you. Jumia has payment options that suit everyone, and we have a payment-on-delivery option for extra convenience. Shopping online in Nigeria is easy and convenient with us. The Jumia mall provides you with a wide range of products you can trust. Discover JIM’s Big Thing for that special person in your life. You can also shop online for Valentine gifts and have them delivered directly to your loved one.
Manager, Fixed Assets and General Ledger
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 8 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
The Manager, Fixed Assets and General Ledger will be responsible for ensuring that fixed assets, prepayments, accruals and the company’s accounts receivable position are properly stated.
- Responsible for the day to day administration, maintenance and development of the Company’s Fixed Assets and General Ledger.
- Assist with the development and implementation of policies, procedures and processes as they relate to asset management and asset accounting systems.
- Track and record movement of all assets including acquisition, depreciation, transfers, disposal/ impairment of assets in accordance with company policies and IFRS.
- Liaise and work closely with relevant departments to ensure all policies, procedures and processes relating to assets are in line with IFRS and the company’s overall direction on assets.
- Analyse General Ledger Accounts, to identify costs that should be capitalized and included in fixed assets
- Prepare capitalization entries and monitor reports to ensure that assets are correctly accounted for into the fixed assets records.
- Plan and co-ordinate physical verification of the Company’s Assets.
- Reconcile the fixed asset register or sub-ledger, or the subsidiary asset management system to the general ledger control account for each class of fixed assets, and resolving any reconciling items
- Maintain files for all supporting documentation for fixed assets and capital projects
- Provide information for fixed asset reporting, such as summarizing financial activity for inclusion in the property, plant and equipment section of the financial statements
- Coordinate the physical inventory process for fixed assets
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, with 8 years minimum in a fast-paced corporate environment preferably in a similar role
- Professional qualification like ICAN, ACCA, ACA is a plus
- Good knowledge of IFRS, local and global Management Accounting Trends and practices
- Excellence in analytical and logical reasoning
- Good Knowledge of Fixed Asset Management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word& Power point)
- Proficiency in the use of an ERP
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Jumia Nigeria career website on africainternetgroup.peoplehr.net to apply