IT Manager at Creative Associates International
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Manager – Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+)
- The Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+) project works to improve the quality of and access to education in Northern Nigeria, equitably and sustainably
- The IT Manager will be responsible for overseeing the installation, usage, and maintenance of the office IT system, as well as troubleshooting and being involved in ICT solutions.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position is housed in Abuja, Nigeria, reporting to the Operations Manager and will work in close collaboration with HQ field office support and HQ Help Desk on office IT issues.
- Provide technical set-up and needed support on all IT related issues, including installation and testing of workstations, printers, client software, upgrades, and configuration
- Implement and document network operations, processes, and procedures
- Deploy and implement office network according to HQ specifications
- Serve as the office Network Administrator
- Identify and solve possible problems in the network
- Supervise installations performed by third parties such as cabling, Internet connection, etc.
- Supervise and follow-up on equipment maintenance performed by other contractors
- Support and troubleshoot users in the Abuja office on their daily work
- Implement and enforce security on the network and prevent misuse of the IT resources
- Participate in writing IT office policy
- Responsible for IT inventory work closely with the DCOP and procurement team to monitor distribution and location of IT equipment by performing a yearly inventory check-up
- Set up, implement, and maintain hardware firewall
- Keep the network healthy by applying all required security patches and monitoring the correct delivery of all antivirus updates
- Implement and document a disaster recovery plan and offsite storage of backed up data
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in ICT, Information Systems, or a related field
- 5+ years experience in IT Systems Management
- Previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred.
Application Closing Date
21st February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Resume with a brief Cover Letter as ONE MS Word document or PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please specify the position in the subject line of the email.
- There are no relocation allowances available for this position.
- Only finalists will be contacted please. No phone calls.
- Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women/Disability/Veteran