MainOne Cable Nigeria Job Vacancy
MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facility Operations & Maintenance Manager
Reporting Line: Head, Network Implementation & Operations
- The Facility Operations & Maintenance Manager will be responsible for managing the Functions pertaining to facility Operations & Maintenance Management of the Main One-exclusive sites and leased sites.
Other responsibilities include:
- Serve as the point of contact for all POPs with IHS and other service providers
- Coordinate facilities engineers & service providers to deliver POP site availability as defined in the Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Define standards and perform Quality Control on structured cabling and related projects on all leased sites and other MainOne Facility.
- Create plans, schematics, rack selection, load calculations, systems narratives and specifications, system design and layout, field investigation and facility management administration
- Ensure housekeeping and safety standards are maintained in all PoPs.
- Manage and maintain inventory of equipment and consumables required on all sites, ensuring availability and repair / return of same.
- Maintain accurate records of the condition of systems, equipment in all buildings, and inspections.
- Develop policies, procedures and work standards required for the implementation of POP sites and ensuring compliance by all installers.
- Drive team to prepare regular reports on all PoPs conditions, inspections and work orders as may be necessary.
- Ensures compliance with applicable building and safety codes, hazardous waste disposal, OSHA, hazardous materials, etc.
- Motivates and coordinates employees, as well as deal with any disciplinary issues that may come up. Provide individual and team supervision, support, and performance evaluations for all assigned staff.
- Train and schedule assigned staff; ensure that safety procedures and work practices are followed at all times.
- Recommend training, professional development and work evaluation of assigned facilities engineers, making recommendations on hiring, termination, promotion and discipline as may be required.
- Monitor and control expenses within a defined budget
- Ensure risk-free inputs for all MOP (Method of Procedure) activity for the different work groups within the Engineering team with the aim of ensuring that these MOP are completed as scheduled and without disrupting operation
- Develop and maintain, from time to time, strategies for continuous performance improvement.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- B.Sc/HND from an accredited Institution in Engineering or Technical discipline
- 5+ years of relevant telecom sites maintenance & operations combined experience in implement “Change Operation” in critical Infrastructure.
- 8 – 10 years’ experience in GSM and or CDMA site maintenance and operations is a requirement
- Good knowledge of equipment from various manufacturers to assist in making proper selections and ensuring installation standards
- Basic understanding of networks, telephony systems, WIFI, routing, switching and carrier circuits
- Migration/move management experience, a plus
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Excellent time management skills
- Team player and a problem solver
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make quick and accurate decision in the face of emergency
Demand on the Job:
- Accurate, analytical and process driven
- Hands-on experience in Telecommunication site build & maintenance.
- Customer Service oriented (Have the ability to deal with clients on all levels and resolve problems)
Application Closing Date