MainOne Cable Company Limited is recruiting for fulltime Solutions Architect (Carrier And Wholesale Services).
MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
Solutions Architect (Carrier and Wholesale Services)
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 3 – 5 years
Job Field: ICT / Computer
As Solutions Architect, he will join the technical sales team to develop and articulate solutions based on customers’ strategic business and technical requirements ascertained from working with multiple business units across the customer’s organization
Specifically, the IP System Administrator’s responsibilities shall include:
- Provide technical and business consultative leadership throughout the technical life cycle of technical solutions.
- Will be involved from pre-sales solution formulation through system deployment; including bid preparation and customer interface resulting in solutions architecture proposals.
- The Solutions Architect will develop and articulate solutions based on a customer’s strategic business or technical requirements ascertained from working with multiple business units across the customer’s organization.
- Develop and propose solutions.
- The Solutions Architect will prepare the technical solutions architectural and implementation design documents.
- The Solutions Architect will work closely with the Project Manager to define project deliverables and schedules and help to identify and leverage resources in order to satisfy the technical needs and objectives of the implementation.
- Assess solutions for their commercial merits and provide appropriate recommendations.
- The Solutions Architect will maintain awareness of existing or potential customer software/hardware situations and proactively alert the project management, engineering, and customer facing groups of potential problems based upon strong working knowledge of software/hardware compatibility within the customer’s environment.
- The Solutions Architect will stay current on technical specifications for hardware/software requirements of industry products through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars.
Communication & Work Relationships:
- The Solutions Architect report directly to the Technical Sales Supervisor. The Solutions Architect work closely with members of the Sales, Project Management, Service delivery and members of other teams as required from time to time
- The Solutions Architect has regular contact with a number of internal and external stakeholders, these include but are not limited to:
- Sales Manager
- Project Manager
- Sales Manager
- Service Delivery
- Product Development
- Team members
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Information Communication Technology or Engineering
- Cisco CCDP/CCNP/CCDE
- 3-5 years industry experience
- Experience with Cisco equipment essential.
- Basic knowledge of networking technologies including but not limited to: TCP/IP (e.g. interpreting a packet trace file), WAN technologies, VPN, QoS, firewalls, routers, switches, DNS, Metro Ethernet, EoSDH.
- Experience in designing and deploying standardized Voip technologies; SIP and H.323
- Knowledge of Radio/Microwave and terrestrial transmission systems.
- Experience in telecom architecture.
- Experience relating business requirements to system and infrastructure components and designing the bill of materials for a project.
- Creative and innovative approach.
- Sound commercial business understanding and risk aware.
- Set up and maintain a best practice library of company proposals and architectural designs proposed to customers with success and conversion rate indicators.
- Knowledge of solution design with focus on IP/MPLS/IPLC/VOIP/Metro Ethernet/Cloud technologies.
- Background in Telecom and/or satellite industry.
Demands on the Job:
- Problem solving
- Prioritising workload of self and others
- Written and verbal communications
- Contract negotiation and influencing skills.
- Relationship Management and Analytical SkillsTeam player / Ability to work independently / Ability to work without supervision
- Proactive with a positive ‘can do’ approach.
Method of Application
When the page opens, click on the job title you wish to apply for
Interested and qualified? Go to Main One Cable career website on career.mainone.net to apply