Logistics & Procurement Officer at FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions Our staff includes experts in Health. Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society Gender, Youth, Research and Technology- creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FIH 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S states and all U.S. territories.
Logistics & Procurement Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 1 – 5 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field Logistics Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- H/She, as relevant, will work with the Procurement & Logistics Manager to plan and implement systems and policies that guide all operations related to procuring supplies and services (in accordance with FHI360 policy and donor requirements); maintaining and tracking the inventory of all office supplies retained in the store; maintaining and operating the service store containing a wide variety of office supplies, equipment and materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
Upon the request of line manager, the Procurement/Logistics Assistant is to:
- To undertake local purchasing in accordance with FHI360’s Procurement Policy and Operations Handbook standards.
- Ensure goods purchased are in accordance with specified requirements and match given specifications.
- Negotiate for favorable terms for purchase, e.g. discounts and credit, and follow up with the Finance Department to ensure that payments are made to the suppliers promptly.
- Ensure goods purchased are delivered to the appropriate location and/or person(s) in a timely manner, providing continuous feedback to the Procurement and Logistics Manager
- Receive delivery of materials into the store
- Advise on methods to improve receiving, storing, and distributing materials and supplies; and maintain stock control records
- Verify quantities of goods delivered, inspect for damage; and sign delivery tags
- Warehousing and inventory control
- Prepare and maintain records concerning the receipt and issuance of materials
- Asset management
- Confer with user departments and provide cost information for budgeting purposes
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc in relevant field with 3 – 5 years of relevant procurement experience.
- Or MSc. in relevant field with 1 – 3 years relevant procurement experience.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Familiarity with donor-funded procurement rules and regulations (experience with USAID procurement a plus).
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to work independently
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of established storekeeping procedures, including receiving, storing, and issuing materials and supplies, and of standard inventory methods and techniques.
- Ability to maintain accurate records relating to assigned storekeeping activities.
- Ability to maintain a computer inventory control system and analyze pertinent factors such as usage patterns, stock availability, shelf life related to stocking minimum and maximum levels.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
- Well developed computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Ability to adapt within Borno work environment.
Interested and qualified? Go to fhi 360 career website on fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com to apply