Logistics & Facilities Manager at Telinno Consulting Limited (TCL)
Telinno Consulting Limited (TCL) – Specialises in design, roll out, management and performance improvement of the cellular network to ensure the cellular operator can offer best in class service to its customers while maximising return on its network infrastructure investments. TCL’s team of experienced engineers have successfully delivered its full range of services to more than 15 cellular operators around the world.
Logistics & Facilities Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Building and Construction Logistics
- Responsible for facilities management and project logistics for Telinno Consulting in accordance with agreed customer SLAs.
Duties & Responsibilities
Essential duties/key job roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services.
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle.
- Collaborate with Procurement Manager in identify, evaluate and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers, to meet business requirements.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency, in accordance with agreed SLAs.
- Manage Logistics & Facilities Officers / Partners to achieve routine facility and logistics operations.
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness targets.
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements.
- Co-ordinates the safety inspections of all company vehicles, machinery and equipment to ensure applicable standards are met.
- Oversee preventative maintenance, routine maintenance and repairs for company assets and replacement schedules.
- Ensure records and updates of / on inventory control of parts and supplies for office facilities and company assets and other crucial documents such as licenses, insurance, et cetera.
- Develop and oversee competency-based training and develop appropriate procedures on new vehicles or equipment prior to being placed in service.
- Ensure prompt provision and accuracy of cost-benefit analyses prior to major purchases and/or services and maintenance.
- Coordinate collaboration with other departments, and stakeholders to evaluate and make adequate provision for facility related business needs.
- Attend and participate in appropriate job related training and educational events as well as appropriate project / operations related planning and informational meetings.
- Ensures team proficiency in the operation of all necessary technology to fulfill job requirements.
- Maintain updated inventory control of parts and supplies, station wear and turn out gear.
- Ensure the equipment transporters get to warehouse not later than 8am on date of shipment.
- Review existing selection criteria for transport partner selection and ensure there is a working selection criteria in place.
- Define and evaluate transporters monthly in collaboration with the project team and finance.
- Monitors logistics costs to ensure it aligns with approved price book.
- Reviews price book as applicable to ensure transportation business profitability.
- Ensure Delivery notes (DN), waybill or other required documentation are approved, submitted for PO closure not later than 1 week from materials leaving the warehouse.
- Ensure materials picked from the warehouse are checked for completion in accordance with the MRF and DN. There should no missing materials.
- Extensive knowledge of telecoms equipment and site configuration and associated client equipment.
- Below are key outputs expected of the Logistics & Facilities Manager:
- Inventory Reports.
- Suppliers/vendor SLA documents.
- Facilities checklist assessment report.
- Facilities Partner Evaluation – weekly and monthly.
- Pre-loading and Post-loading vehicle pictures in acceptable format.
- Validated Materials Movement Tracker weekly.
- Archived DN, Waybill and other required transport PO related documents to Telinno server.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Required Working Experience:
- 5 years, with 2 years in similar role.
- Safety training
- Advanced logistics/transport training at an academy/college/school
- Training in specialised institutions (Logistics and Supply Chain Management, etc.), commercial, polytechnic colleges.
- Membership in relevant chartered institute.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Excellence, integrity, creativity, team spirit, commitment, customer-centricity, empathy, safety consciousness.
- Record of successful distribution and logistics / facilities management.
- Customer-oriented with a results mindset.
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff.
- Proficient in standard logistics software.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
- Good working knowledge of client equipment / materials, especially physical / technical characteristics.
- Advanced knowledge of local logistics and supply chain processes and ecosystem.
- Ability to prepare and administer budgets/resources/people
- Communication/inter-personal skills/team work
- Extended work hours.
- May require travel – local.
- Work under pressure.
- Outdoor work demands.
Method of Application
Applicant should send their CV’s to: email@example.com using the position as the subject of the mail.