Logistics Coordinator at COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Country Logistics coordination:
- He/she coordinates the country logistics function, both at Country Coordination level and at field office level. He/she ensures that the logistics works correctly in qualitative and quantitative terms, at all different levels and in compliance with the procedures.
- He/she ensures the correct application of the procedures – COOPI and the donors’ – related to goods and services’ purchases (including planning and necessary documents); he/she follows the suppliers performance in compliance with COOPI’s standards. He/she ensures that the selection process for goods and services and the contracts assignment (calls for tenders) occur in a transparent and coherent way.
Vehicles and machines management:
- In collaboration with the supervised staff, he/she ensures the machines/vehicles’ utilization planning. He/she ensures that vehicles’ maintenance and repair are carried out and that all monitoring reports and regular checks are correctly performed. He/she ensures that, relatively to the use of vehicles and machines, the organization’s procedures and the country’s rules are followed.
Goods and stock management:
- He/she ensures that all goods are included in the inventory, and controlled when entering and exiting the storage space. He/she ensures the stock monitoring and the use of instruments for report writing; He/she monitors the correct goods’ use and conservation. He/she ensures that the correct maintenance of the immovable goods is performed and that the country is provided with rules for correctly making use of these goods.
- He/she coordinates, supervises and evaluates the logistical staff work. He/she ensures the training of the country’s logistical staff.
- He/she ensures that all logistic-related reports are produced according to what is stated by the COOPI’s procedures and the Country Regulation (vehicles and goods’ management, supplies, purchases, storage space, staff reports etc.)
- Upon delegation by the Head of Mission, he/she represents the organization at all logistical clusters and at security coordination meetings
- He/she is responsible for the application, the update and the dissemination of the country security regulation at central and field level.
- He/she is responsible for conducting security and risk assessment in COOPI areas of intervention, participating to security meeting at central level.
- He/she is responsible for all goods and organization’s properties security; he/she cooperates and supports the Head of Mission/Area Coordinator about the expatriate and local staff security.
- A Degree in Logistics, Engineering, Business, or related field
- Minimum 3 years experience in the humanitarian field as logistics coordinator or in a similar position. Demonstrated experience in procurement, distribution, stock management, fleet management, communications, and security.
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management.
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Strong supervisory abilities, and demonstrated capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant actors;
- Very good inter-personal and writing communication skills;
- Ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Computer literacy, with high proficiency in the use of standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Valid driving license.
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online