Liaison Officer at Solidarites International (SI)
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter. SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Abuja
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Beginning of contract: ASAP
Contract duration: 6 Weeks (with possibility of extension)
Probation period: 2 Weeks
- The liaison officer carries out administrative duties related to obtaining administrative and legal documents for expatriates (visas, work permits) and maintains good working relations with the various local administrative bodies.
- He/she maintains the files of expatriates.
- He/she undertakes occasional translation tasks at the request of the Administrative Coordinator or Head of Mission
List of Main Tasks:
- Carry out administrative procedures on behalf of expatriate personnel:
- Submit, follow and obtain administrative legal documents: visas, work permits, travel authorizations;
- Take steps to obtain visas for expatriate breaks;
- Maintain a spread sheet detailing document expiry dates and renew documents in time;
- Make flight reservations for international and domestic flights;
- Report to the administrator on the status of on-going procedures on a daily basis;
Represent the association to local administrative bodies:
- Keep up-to-date of changes to administrative procedure pertaining to obtaining documents;
- Establish or reinforce relations with administrative bodies;
- Meet with representatives from the various administrative bodies as often as needed to obtain documents or resolve related issues.
Maintain the Administrative files of expatriates:
- Put together expatriate files: contracts, photographs, photocopies of passports and driving licenses, visas, etc.
- Undertake the task of translating official documents at the request of the Assistant Coordinator and/or Head of Mission
- Provide simultaneous interpretation during meetings at the request of the Assistant Coordinator or Head of Mission
- Dynamic, organized, methodical, team player, with sound communication skills
- Languages: fluent in English
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of prioritisation of tasks, work under tight deadlines
- Professional experience: at least 1 year of experience in similar position in administration, human resources and finance especially with INGOs
- Bachelor Degree in Economics, Management, Administration, HR, Social Science or any related fields
- IT skills: Microsoft software practice, sound Excel skills
- When the above link opens, select “Liason Officer – Abuja”, fill the form and attach your CV.
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date
Interested and qualified? Go to Solidarites International career website on docs.google.com to apply