Lead Software Engineer at Kimberly Ryan Limited
Kimberly Ryan Limited – Our client, a leading Information Technology Company is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Lead Software Engineer
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 8 years
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: ICT / Computer
- You will lead and manage the department to develop high-quality reusable software component, for business to business integration, using international best practices and new best-in-class technologies, concepts, and philosophy.
- Design, code, test, analyse and manage software programs and applications that drive SW Global’s strategy, product owners and third-party business.
- In addition to designing software, web applications, and web services, you will also hire, train, and manage staff, create and oversee budgets, and make progress reports to senior management.
- Support other software developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications
- Assist with planning phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects and prepares/review documents software requirements and specifications
- Conducts research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Recommends, schedule, and performs software improvements and upgrades
- Consistently writes, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications and PCIDSS standards
- Works closely with the QA team, Product Management team, and the Research and Development manager to ensure quality and timely software development within his/her responsibilities
- Runs and monitors software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging
- Administers critical analysis of test results and delivers solutions to problem areas
- Generates statistics and prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process
- Ensures robust and sustainable enterprise social collaboration architecture for software development by monitoring matrices of the SOA, and fixing complaints/bugs logged by customers
- Assists in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines for ease of use by the client/customers
- Installs software products for end users as required
- Creates and manages Application Programming Interface (API)
- Writes programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of company Web site and/or related Web applications as necessary
- Removes code script from company Web site and/or related Web applications as necessary
- Liaises with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems
- Manages and/or provides guidance to junior software developers and research assistants
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree / HND in Computer/System/ Electrical/Electronic Engineering/ Applied physics/ Computer Science or a related discipline
- 8 years experience in a software development function or role
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Relevant certification such as ITIL, CCNP, MCP or CCNA, MCTS, OCA, OCP, OSCA, OSCP
Skills & proficiencies:
- IT product knowledge and IT Service management
- Knowledge of client industry and business
- Clear project goal and a basic understanding of the expertise level required to achieve it.
- Customer service orientation, Database analysis and administration
- Knowledge of help desk support, computer systems and office automation tools (i.e. MS. Office suites) etc.
- Leadership & team management
- Analytical & problem solving and Excellent Communication (written, verbal)
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job role and location (Lagos) as subject title.