Lead Production Manager at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Lead Production Manager
Req ID: 1285
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage execution of ship repairs, maintenance, fabrication and related operations in theYard. Oversee all work programs, ensure work is being done on time and to the quality required.
- Due to the start-up nature of this organisation the Manager will be required to work at all levels and cover positions which will not be filled until the Yard is more established.
- Manager must have the ability to carry out and teach welding.
- Work done in the Yard will include the use of a range of advanced machines, such as CNG welding machines and modern welding technology including usage of Submerged Arc
- Welding (SAW) automatic welding machines.
- Implement and maintain international standards such as ASTM, ASME, ANSI, API etc.,governing all aspects of fabrication as well as the certification and handling of production machinery, equipment and machine tools.
- Implement an electronic tracking and material management systems in the Yard, which will include material traceability systems and inventory management.
- Conduct periodical production review meetings and prepare weekly reports for the COO.
- Put in place organization chart(s) for the Ship Repair and Fabrication Business Unit and develop roles and responsibilities for each employee in the Unit.
- Meet Company production targets.
- Monitor and control costs as per the approved budget to achieve profitability targets.
- B.Sc or BE or B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering or Production
- Engineering or Industrial Engineering plus an MBA or Post-Graduate degree (preferable)
- Extensive experience (ideally including relevant qualifications) in Naval Architecture / Shipwright
- At least 15 years’ experience working at or above a Supervisor level role for a leading offshore fabrication / ship repairs and maintenance and engineering Company.
- Possess technical proficiency as well as a business acumen & commercial judgment.
- Strategic mindset, able to take a long-term view.
- Capable of problem solving, decision making and failure analysis.
- A self-motivated leader & a team player.
- Familiar with modern production technologies and prepared to learn and master new technologies and concepts, with a track record of having remained fully abreast of the new developments in the industry over the last 15 years.
- Exceptional inter-personal & communication skills (both verbal & written), including negotiating, persuasive and presentation skills.
- Excellent marketing skills and business sense for achieving results.
- Skills in dealing with and developing potential clients from international Oil Companies, to industrial manufacturers
- HSE, Marine Operations, Production Engineer, BSc, Engineering, EPC, MS Office, Oil & Gas, Operations, Production.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online