Lead Environmental Consultant At Stresert Services Limited
Stresert Services Limited – Our client, is into environmental and sustainability risk management consulting. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Lead Environmental Consultant
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience6 – 8 years
- Job FieldSafety and Environment / HSE
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage teams to achieve corporate objectives
- Conduct field surveys and data collection.
- Interpret data, which can include using software-modelling packages, and report writing.
- Manage legislative issues for clients and maintaining an awareness of how legislation impacts businesses.
- Develop conceptual models, which involve identification and consideration of potential contamination.
- Liaise with clients, regulators and sub-contractors, e.g. analytical laboratories etc.
- Research previous investigations of a site to provide information to clients considering purchase.
- Improve the company’s market position, with the goal of achieving sustained financial long-term net revenue growth;
- Meet with potential clients by building, growing and maintaining the company’s clientele network;
- Carry out research work relating to business growth for company, and client organizations;
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators;
- Foster company’s internal professional network, including Market Sector Leaders, Client Account Managers, and Value Proposition Leaders;
- Manage budget and allocate resources accordingly.
- Offer expert advisory and assessment services to ensure that possible damaging effects are managed or eliminated.
- Ensure that client complies with environmental regulations.
Work on variety of contracts, addressing environmental issues covering a range of:
- Air, land and water contamination;
- Environmental impact assessment and flood risk;
- Waste management and recycling;
- Renewable energy opportunities;
- Environmental management systems
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), Environmental Audit and Due Diligence, Climate Change and Green House Gases (GHGs), Post Impact Assessment (PIA), Cleaner Production, Energy Audits and Efficiency, Life Cycle Assessment, Corporate Sustainability Management Strategy, Environmental Management Systems Design, Regulatory Compliance, Environmental Monitoring (air, water, soil, etc.),
- Waste Management and Pollution Control Studies, Spill Contingency Planning, Ecological Risk Assessment, etc.
- The qualified candidate for this position will have a first Degree in Environmental related studies with about 6 – 8 years experience in environmental management (out of which at least 4 years must have been in Strategy, Operations and Business Development) covering specialized environmental and sustainability risk management consultancy.
- The ideal candidate is expected to be self-driven and motivated.
- He/she should have a strong understanding of the business dynamics of the environmental consulting industry; know the essentials of lead generation, participation in bids, pricing, and have full grasps of environmental project executions from beginning to end.
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in any of the following areas; ecology, engineering geology, environmental engineering/management, geophysics, environmental and earth sciences, chemical and physical sciences or related courses.
- Very strong knowledge of international best practices such as the IFC Performance Standards, Equator Principles, World Bank Safeguard policies, etc
- Very strong technical report writing skills
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to motivate and lead teams
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and other relevant data applications
- Ability to mentor and transfer knowledge/technical skills to junior professionals
Salary is open for negotiation.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘EIAC’ as subject of mail.
Note: Candidates who have similar responsibilities listed above will be contacted for interviews.