Latest Job Vacancies at The International Organization for Migration (IOM)
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant (On -Call Radiographer)
CFCV No.: CFCV2018/67
IOM Classification: On Call Hourly Contracts
Type of Appointment: Contract Basis (Renewable)
Organizational Unit: Migration Health Assessment Centre
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Working under the direct supervision of the Migration Health Officer, the incumbent will support the provision of medical radiological examination services for applicants examined at the IOM Migration Health Assessment Centre in Abuja. The incumbent will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Check identity and register applicants referred for chest x-ray accurately according to the Standard Operating Procedures,
- Explain x-ray procedures including pregnancy enquiry and perform chest x-rays,
- Ensure x-ray is taken according to the Standard Operating Procedures,
- Perform additional chest x-ray views as requested by the radiologist,
- Maintain safety procedures during x-ray,
- Ensure self-protection and protection of staff and applicants from radiation.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma/degree in radiography from an accredited academic institution;
- Four years of continuous practice post-graduation, registered to practice in Nigeria and with a valid registration license.
- Good computer literacy,
- Flexible work schedule and be ready to be engaged on short notice.
- Fluency in English and Native Language; Fluency in all languages advantageous;
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
Organizational Unit: Assisted Voluntary Return & Reintegration (AVRR)
lOM Classification: Consultant
Type of Appointment: Consultant, 25 effective working days
- Working under the overall supervision of the Programme Manager (MM), Lagos and the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Assistant (MM/AVRR), the successful candidate will be expected to develop a comprehensive Trainers and Trainee Manuals focusing on entrepreneurship and business management for returnees.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
The Consultant will be responsible for the following:
- To Develop a standard and comprehensive Trainer’s Manual to guide and assist trainers in conducting training to help returnees prepare for reintegration, including Psychosocial First Aid, entrepreneurship/ starting and running a business, value and supply chain and partnerships and cooperative concepts.
- Trainees Guide, which is based on the trainers manual, intended to help returnees in their reintegration activities.
Methodology and Scope of Work
- The consultant will review all relevant available training manuals developed by IOM and other actors including the Nigerian government on business/entrepreneurial management for SMEs with the aim of tilling gaps in existing materials; researches, assessment reports, market information etc.
- Building on existing training contents and incorporating adult learning techniques, design and develop comprehensive Trainer’s Manual and Trainee’ guide.
- The Trainer’s Manual is targeted towards guiding and assisting trainers to conduct training on small and medium sized businesses.
- Both the Manual and the guide should be translated into Hausa Language.
- The manual should be divided into modules structured for a 4 day training period and topics to be covered will be finalized on the basis of discussions with IOM.
Tangible and Measurable Output of the work assignment:
- An inception report detailing the consultancy work-plan including the methodology (max 4 pages). The report will outline in detail a fine-tuned methodology and scope based on the consultant’s interpretation of the tasks and deliverables suggested in the TOR
- Present soft copy, present 2 printed copies of the Trainer’s Manual and Trainee’s Guides (in English and Hausa)
- The contracted individual will conduct field test and provide a comprehensive Training of Trainers (TOT) on newly developed training manuals and soft skills modules to a master trainers group. There will be one venue for TOT where a group of selected trainers will come and join. The venue and the list of trainers shall be determined and confirmed by lOM.
- Submit a brief final report highlighting all the results and outcomes of the assignment including trainers’ evaluation and need assessment status recommendations on the activities or other steps that be taken for the further development of business training and practices.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications, the following below Written Materials and a Cover Letter, not more than one page specifying the motivation for Application, addressed to the “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration IOM” via e-mail to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int with a subject line
- A maximum of 4 page proposal providing a brief methodology on the approach and conduct of the work within the suggested time frame.
- Resume with detailed listing of the most relevant similar work undertaken with closely related professional experience, and also including:
- The names of companies or organizations previously served, with up-to-date contact details
- At least one professional reference for the consultant, with complete contact information; and
- Details of the consultants’ technical training and education.
- Documentation of recent daily consultancy rates received for previous work done.
Application Deadline 15th July, 2018.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- This position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.